• Posted by anonymous on September 11, 2019 at 8:01 am

Hi all,

I’ve been going through some heart(?) issues lately [jaw pain (similar to the way your jaws feel when you’re about to throw up), burping when walking, throat tightness (a feeling of a lump in the throat), stomach pain, hoarse voice], and after an echo, my doctor had diagnosed me with PH and scheduled a stress test to confirm the diagnosis. In the week or so in between that initial diagnosis and the stress test I came to this forum and tried to cope with the realities of having PH. A week or so later, When the stress test was completed, it revealed pulmonary pressure of 17, which dis-confirmed the initial diagnosis of PH. During that week in between, this forum was a constant source of comfort; seeing other people that were able to connect to one another helped with the feeling of isolation. While I still don’t have a diagnosis for my condition, after learning more about PH, I wanted to either donate to a charity to help cure PH Thanks so much in advance for your help, and god bless you all.

V.R. Peterson replied 4 years, 7 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • V.R. Peterson

September 12, 2019 at 2:18 pm

I donate through PH Association, both by sending donations directly to them and by having them listed at my smile donation on Amazon.com (starting my purchase from smile.amazon.com makes sure they get a portion of my purchases). They don’t get much from my purchases from Amazon, but every little bit adds up.

• Colleen

September 12, 2019 at 2:24 pm

@mamabear007 yes, we use the smile donation on Amazon for PH too! I wouldn’t have thought to mention that. Good catch!

• V.R. Peterson

September 12, 2019 at 2:31 pm

There are also charities that help with medical expenses or medications, but their names elude me.