Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures Brittany is Back At The Hospital

• Brittany is Back At The Hospital

Posted by jen-cueva on September 3, 2019 at 4:21 pm

Last night, Brittany had to be admitted to the hospital. Unfortunately, she had been dealing with some horrible GI symptoms for several days. She had such a busy and fun weekend planned, so I can relate to her putting off going to the ER.

It appears that her current feeding tube was blocked. She was planning surgery for later this month to replace her tube. She is now planning to have a direct j tube placed. Poor girl, she is vomiting and not feeling her best, as you can imagine.

Please keep Brittany in your positive thoughts and prayers. This young lady has been through more than I could ever imagine. She is one tough cookie and I am proud to call her a friend.

I will try to update again tomorrow under this post once I learn more. Thanks to you all in advance.

Beth Tebaldi replied 4 years, 7 months ago 7 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • Colleen

September 3, 2019 at 5:44 pm

Jen, thank you for the update on Brittany. I had seen some pictures of her over the weekend. She looked beautiful and I could tell she was having a good time. Then I heard she was back in the hospital and I felt so bad and disappointed for her. She really is one tough cookie! I know she is in good hands and I hope her team is able to help her feel more comfortable soon.

• Brittany Foster

September 4, 2019 at 9:24 am

Hi Colleen,
      The weekend was an absolute BLAST !! I’m sure you could tell from my pictures that I was thoroughly enjoying every minute of it. It felt so good to be surrounded by so much love and witnessing all the love at the wedding is something I will remember forever. Unfortunately it did take a turn for the worse though when we got home. It was almost like a “back to reality” moment. But it does hurt to have tons of fun and then out of nowhere have something go wrong. Life is just so unpredictable. I know this surgery will go well though and I really trust the team that is doing it. I know they always want the best for me.

• Colleen

September 4, 2019 at 3:16 pm

Brittany, It’s a shame that your wonderful weekend ended on such a sour note. May the happy memories last you forever and the bad ones fade away with the healing process.

• jen-cueva

September 4, 2019 at 5:40 pm

So true, Colleen!

Although, at the time, it’s frustrating when things like this happen. The fun and positive memories last a lifetime.

• Beth Tebaldi

September 5, 2019 at 9:45 am

Thanks for letting me know about Brittany!
        Brittany I’m thinking of you as I know how scary it is to have symptoms pop up to slap you in the face! It’s hard because I like to think I’m in control! Ha! I believe you will come out of all this with vigor to move on again in your unique path.
        I too like to think I’m in control and I do put things off hoping things will get better on their own. It’s a survival skill I think. But maybe that’s delusional too! You go get em dear Lady, we’ll see who here again soon, just concentrate on your on path and what a beautiful path you have that you bless all of us! Yes, I’ve been lurking here awhile. Watching and realizing HEY these guys get it! Such a wonderful thing to know you all get it.
        Much love and thinking of you all day which is my personal way to pray.
        Beth

• Margie Novak

September 3, 2019 at 6:27 pm

Prayers to Brittany! I always look forward to her posts. She gives such good encouragement and has been through so much of what we are going through. I hope she can stay strong!

• Brittany Foster

September 4, 2019 at 9:29 am

Thank you so much for your kind words of support, Margie. My surgery is scheduled for today at 11:30. It is an add on surgery so I’m sure many of us know how those can go sometimes. Sometimes it takes longer than the time they plan for and sometimes they are able to take you a lot sooner. I will be sure to update here when I can! I will be in touch with Colleen and Jen too so they can post on my behalf.

• V.R. Peterson

September 4, 2019 at 5:27 am

I’m praying for a successful surgery (and for a full and complete recovery). May the Lord bless her medical team with skill, wisdom and compassion. May He comfort Brittany during this medical crisis.

• Brittany Foster

September 4, 2019 at 9:30 am

I truly appreciate your prayers. Thank you. That helped to bring me some comfort and peace of mind before all of this . It really makes my heart even happier to have so much care and love from all of you.

• Brittany Foster

September 4, 2019 at 9:22 am

Hi Jen,
    Thank you so much for sharing with the group. I know you know how much of a support this forum is for me . All of you mean so much to me. It is so hard to be back in the hospital after such an eventful and fun weekend. The wedding was great, moving was SUPER hard but it felt good to get it feeling more like home ! This is just a bump in the road and I am truly happy that my own surgeon will be the one doing this surgery still even though the original one was planned for next week. They really have been helping me emotionally and physically during this stay and I can’t say enough good things about this hospital. It’s so important to trust our care team!

• jen-cueva

September 4, 2019 at 2:28 pm

My pleasure, Brittany! I hope and pray that by now you are out of surgery and will feel much better once you recover from this surgery.Im sure after lol that your body has been through, it will take time. I am so happy to know that your surgeon is still able to fit your surgery in. Knowing that your team is there and with you has to be a huge relief.

You are such an important part of the forums and we love you bunches.

I am so glad that you were able to enjoy your weekend. It is so frustrating as you mention, life is so unpredictable.

Thanks to everyone here for the love and support you show to not only Brittany but to others here.

• Carol alexander

September 4, 2019 at 11:12 am

Bless you Brittany will be thinking of yo and praying for you.

Love Carol