• Brittany Needs Our Support

Posted by jen-cueva on October 2, 2019 at 5:17 pm

I just wanted to let everyone know that our Brittany is back in the hospital. Poor girl, I am heartbroken that she’s dealing with so much with her health. It seems she has an infection at her feeding tube site. She was hoping to take care of it at home. Today, with the advice of her medical team, she went it.

I know this all is taking a huge toll on her mental and physical health. I can’t even begin to imagine.

Please send her lots of positive thoughts and prayers. We love you, Brittany. Please focus on feeling better and we are here when you’re up to it.

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 6 months ago 10 Members · 27 Replies
  • 27 Replies
  • Carol alexander

October 2, 2019 at 7:28 pm

Hi Brittany just found out you are in hospital,you did the right thing going you will be up and out before you know it thing of you and prays are with you
    Keep the faith
    Carol

• judie

October 3, 2019 at 10:30 am

Hi Brittany,
      I hope you get better soon and will be able to get back home. We are cheering for a fast resolution of your problems!
      Judie

• brittany-foster

October 3, 2019 at 1:16 pm

Thank you !
        So far it is pretty quick. They have me on IV antibiotics 3 times a day so that is helping a lot more than I thought it would and it’s good that it’s actually staying down so I don’t have to worry about it not staying down when I take it by mouth. With all the throwing up I do, I can’t guarantee the effectiveness of the medications that I take.

• wilma-doan

October 3, 2019 at 6:46 pm

Dear Brittany,
      So sorry you have hit a rough patch again. If I could stand on my head and make it go away, I would. In the meantime, hang in there. I hate being in the hospital too and hope you are back home real soon.
      Thinking of you and sending love and great big hugs.
      Wilma

• brittany-foster

October 4, 2019 at 12:27 pm

Thank you, Wilma ! I wish I could make it all go away too. Lately it has been like one thing after another but I am hopefully going to get a little stronger each day. The first day home is always good but rough at the same time. I feel like I want to do more than what my body is allowing at the moment.

• Colleen

October 2, 2019 at 7:38 pm

Brittany, I can’t find the words to express how bad I feel that you are back in the hospital! I’m so sorry my friend! As Jen mentioned, just focus on yourself and we are here thinking about you, praying for you and available anytime you need a listening ear!

• brittany-foster

October 3, 2019 at 1:15 pm

Colleen,
      Thank you so much for always being willing to give a listening ear when I need it. It’s definitely not easy, that’s for sure. It has seemed like one step forward and one step back more often lately and I’m getting pretty tired of it .

• v-r-peterson

October 3, 2019 at 9:36 am

Oh no! I’m so sorry you’re back in the hospital! Please know you’re in my thoughts and prayers.

• brittany-foster

October 3, 2019 at 1:14 pm

Thank you so much for the well wishes . That means a lot to me that all of you are thinking of me and wanting me to feel better!

• carol-volckmann

October 3, 2019 at 11:27 am

Brittney. So sorry you are back in the hospital but it definately sounds like you and your team made the right decision. My husband and myself send you lots of positive energy and wish you speedy outcome to rid you of your infection! Our love and prayers are with you and lots of gentle hugs
    Carol

• brittany-foster

October 3, 2019 at 1:13 pm

It was certainly a hard decision to make but when I was throwing up more and looked at the redness and irritation around the tube, I knew that it was time to go and should stop being stubborn and just get my BUTT there. sometimes I have to force myself to go, but it ends up being worth it. I thought I was going to be able to get my tube removed but it’s best practice to wait 6 weeks before removing it so that the tract is completely healed. Not having as good of nutrition also delays the healing process a little so it might be why it still hurts as bad as it does. Giving it more time is hard and it’s hard to wait around in pain and discomfort but I don’t have much of a choice when it comes to my body.

• brittany-foster

October 3, 2019 at 11:59 am

Thank you all so much for the good wishes. I was able to read some of these responses yesterday but was slow to respond to them. I read them but just wasn’t focused on getting a response back to you all. But these messages truly made my whole day better. I am waiting around today for hopefully some type of plan. I have been in really awful pain with the j tube that I have in my intestine and they told me initially that it would take 4 to 6 weeks to heal up in order to be safe for them to take it out. I really hope that this is something that can just come out. I am aware of the consequences on my nutrition but at this point it is worth it to not be in pain the way that I am and to feel like I am doing something or my body that I actually WANT to do. I have done so many tests and procedures that they all feel like it was for nothing but getting this removed actually has a positive end result which would be less pain in the long run. Just hoping I don’t have to wait the extra 2 weeks to get this done.

• Colleen

October 3, 2019 at 2:36 pm

Brittany, you continue to amaze me how despite your own pain and worry, you are always here in the forums with a caring voice and ready to lend an ear to anyone who needs one.

I hope and pray that things move swiftly and turn out the way you are hoping. You really need a break!

• jimi-mcintosh

October 3, 2019 at 1:24 pm

Brittany sorry to hear that you are in the hospital again, hoping that you continue to feel better on the antibiotics and you will gain back your strength on the food. Praying for you, winners never quit

• brittany-foster

October 4, 2019 at 12:23 pm

Thank you so much for the kindness Jimi. I was able to go home late last night so that’s a plus! I was able to eat a little something this morning but still have to get my energy back. Being in the hospital for a few days is tough. Definitely wipes you of your energy!

• jen-cueva

October 3, 2019 at 2:09 pm

Brittany, whatever you need to do for yourself, we support you. Please know that we want what is best for you. I cannot even begin to imagine your pain and emotional state as this has to take its toll. Know that I am here for you and willing to listen and offer support, even when I fall asleep. Oops- Love you bunches.

This forum is behind all the way. As you can read, you are so very important to us all. Keeping you in my daily thoughts and prayers.

• brittany-foster

October 4, 2019 at 12:24 pm

So motivating to have a community of support behind me! Thank you so much, Jen!

• jen-cueva

October 4, 2019 at 3:54 pm

Always, Brittany! It is what this forum is all about. You continue to support us all even when you are in pain yourself.

I am so happy that you are home, hope and pray that you regain some strength soon. I know it sucks that it is often at a slow pace. But, “slow and steady wins the race”, as you know all too well.

• brittany-foster

October 4, 2019 at 10:05 pm

Jen,
        Sounds like you read my turtle tattoo column! Haha! Thank you! I’m definitely glad to be home and back in my own bed. Felt so good just having some hot tea from home and just relaxing today and getting back to some work. Routine is so important for my mental health. Hard to keep up with a full day of work from a hospital room but when I had time to get on and do some things it kept me grounded and helped my mental health to focus on other things besides all the antibiotics being pumped through me. Antibiotic brain is a whole other topic!

• mary-g-smith

October 3, 2019 at 4:52 pm

Hi Brittany. I have been following your posts since I joined this Forum. I so admire your strength, positive attitude, and sense of humor. You are an inspiration to so many of us. I have never commented on the Forum before, but when I read that you were back in the hospital I knew that I needed to tell you that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I’m sending love. Hang in there beautiful girl!

• brittany-foster

October 4, 2019 at 12:25 pm

Thank you so much for your comment, Mary. It means a lot to me that you reached out. Please know that you can comment any time! We love to hear from new faces too and these forums really have allowed me to connect to so many people, even when I’m in the hospital, that motivation is so important !

• carol-volckmann

October 4, 2019 at 7:12 pm

YEAH Brittney – you are home. That must feel good. Please take it easy – what do you say to all of us who you continue to help and reach out to? Hang in there Brittney and give your body some rest
    Always in our hearts.
    Carol

• brittany-foster

October 4, 2019 at 10:19 pm

Carol,
      Thank you so so much! I definitely have to stop and take my own advice sometimes. I feel lucky that this last infection didn’t go so far as to get into my blood stream. I caught it early but I know if it weren’t for my doctor and nurse making sure I went and got checked I probably wouldn’t have gone. Thank you again for the love and support and reminding me to practice what I preach!

• Colleen

October 4, 2019 at 9:58 pm

@brittany-foster I’m sorry for being late to the party – I’m so happy to hear that you are home! I know you still are not feeling so great but at least you are surrounded by the comforts of home. Find some good movies to watch over the weekend and snuggle in for much needed rest.

• brittany-foster

October 4, 2019 at 10:21 pm

I plan on watching some movies ! Maybe some good old Disney Halloween movies ! Those are my favorites. My boyfriend also mentioned wanting to see the new IT movie and the new Joker movie. That’s definitely on the list of things “to do” this week or next weekend when I’m feeling a little better. But I’m always up for staying in and watching movies all cozy on the couch!

• jen-cueva

October 5, 2019 at 11:19 am

Sounds like a perfect plan for you to rest and get into the Halloween spirit, LOL

I am going to get my Fall decor out and decorate, so I am excited to do that and chill, too. I am sure some Netflix is in the plans, Hehe

@carol-alexander, so true, it is often much tougher to follow our own advice, Hehe- Rest and be kind to your body. Be patient. ( I know that one is so tough!!)

• v-r-peterson

October 5, 2019 at 5:39 am

Brittany, I’m so glad that you’re finally home! I’m praying for continued improvement for you. <3