• Brittany Update

Posted by Colleen on May 13, 2020 at 3:13 pm

@brittany-foster Brittany has had a rough week and could use our support. Her port became infected and had to be removed. She had 3 procedures on Monday and I can imagine the toll that must have taken on her. She loves and appreciates all of you so much. Your kindness helps a great deal so let’s give her our best wishes and understanding.

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 7 months ago 19 Members · 44 Replies
  • 44 Replies
  • jen-cueva

May 13, 2020 at 8:58 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this @colleensteele. I told Brittany earlier today that I would update the members.

My heart aches for her as she’s been through so much already. My thoughts and prayers are with her. I know both physically and mentally, she needs positive vibes, hugs, and prayers.

She is loved and cared for here. I know that she enjoys reading the kind support from you and all of the members.

• Tricia stagner

May 14, 2020 at 9:28 am

Hoping Brittany is getting better by the day! My prayers are with her.
    Tricia stagner

• Carol Volckmann

May 14, 2020 at 9:46 am

Dearest Brittney, You are so loved and supported because of who you are and how much you are there for others with your kindness, understanding and unconditional love. It’s our turn to give back and for you to know how much we care about you! Sending you gentle warm hugs and all the best wishes for you. Lots of love.

• Adele

May 14, 2020 at 9:51 am

Dear Brittany,
    Please know we are all with you. You are such a lovely person, reaching out to everyone
    We value and esteem you.

Wishing you a complete recovery.

• V.R. Peterson

May 14, 2020 at 1:01 pm

@brittany-foster, you’re in my thoughts and prayers. May your medical team be blessed with wisdom, skill and compassion. May you heal completely and quickly.

• Bill Jones

May 14, 2020 at 1:07 pm

Dear Brittany,
    I just read that you have had a rough week. I offer my prayers for fast recovery for you and hope to see you back on line offering insights for all. Hoping for a complete recovery.

• Nancy McSweeney

May 14, 2020 at 2:01 pm

What a tough week! You are in my thoughts and prayers. You are a very special young lady.

• Janet Barry

May 14, 2020 at 3:37 pm

God bless you and keep you safe. Know that you are loved and are in our prayers.

• Dawn

May 14, 2020 at 6:27 pm

Brittany,
    So sorry to hear of what you’re going through. Sending healing thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. Rest, heal, count on your inner strength to get you through this as its’ gotten you through so many other times.

• jen-cueva

May 14, 2020 at 7:15 pm

Thanks, y’all, I am sure that Brittany appreciates each of your kindness and support.

• Jimi Mcintosh

May 14, 2020 at 8:43 pm

Brittany fight on brave soldier, your battle continues on. I hope today was a better day and tomorrow will be a great day. You are a fighter, your supporters have your back and cover you in prayer. Claim your healing

• Carol alexander

May 15, 2020 at 4:24 am

Brittany I don’t know how you do it you are amazing God bless you keep fighting
    Carol A

• Valerie

May 15, 2020 at 10:47 am

I’m so sorry that Brittany is in this situation! I really, really hope that everything will be fine. I think with so many people hoping and praying for Brittany, she can get through this situation and get better quickly. Brittany, I wish you a speedy recovery, and (most importantly in our business) a LOT of LUCK!

• jen-cueva

June 1, 2022 at 12:34 pm

@brittany-foster started our amazing PH News forums and is loved and cared for by many here. I had a message from one of our forum members checking on Britt. I let her know and asked if I could share a brief update.

Of course, she was happy for me to share because she continues to care for and be an inspiration to many in the PH community.

Britt has been through her share and much more with her health. Most recently, she needed neurosurgery which set her bad and was a complicated surgery. But as usual, Britt has pushed through and celebrated another special birthday on Monday. I’m grateful to catch up with her over the phone to offer her birthday wishes.

Here’s a little of a recent update from her. “6 weeks after neurosurgery and THIS was the end to my day today. It’s wild that I went from not being able to walk for almost 3 full weeks to now jogging and walking for 3 full miles. If that’s not #progress I don’t know what is!

When my comebacks happen they happen without much warning and all of a sudden I’m ready to ROCK.

Putting my recovery first hasn’t been easy. I’ve cried, screamed, and almost gave up more times than I would like to admit. It’s really difficult to recall just how low I was. I would get up and literally fall to the ground from weakness. I’d cry for hours as I was getting sick and vomiting what I had left in my body from all the medication taken without food in my system.”

You can check out her column for our newer members to learn more about the inspiring Britt and creator of our forums working closely with @kathleen-sheffer. BTW, Kathleen hasn’t updated in some time; maybe she will.

Recharged and Rewired

Here you are, @ripple76 and @texas2018. Britt, you are always a part of the PH News forums. You are in my thoughts and prayers, our girl. Much love and hugs are coming your way as you continue to focus on recovery.

• Randolph Reynolds

June 1, 2022 at 4:21 pm

Brittany is an amazing person.  She represents all the courage, tenacity and love of life that we respect. Thanks for bringing us up to date.

• jen-cueva

June 6, 2022 at 6:51 am

Yes, she is and always will; thanks, @ripple76. It’s my pleasure.

• Carol Volckmann

June 1, 2022 at 6:11 pm

Brittany has and still is an inspiration to so many. No matter what obstacles get in her way, she pushes through all while reaching out to other supporting their needs and cheers with them all the way through their rough times. Sending you love, hugs, positive energy and prayer.

• jen-cueva

June 6, 2022 at 6:52 am

Yes, thank you, @cdvol3gmail-com, you indeed described our Britt there. She’s one tough cookie and then some. Maybe with some extra frosting on top, she loves that, hehe.

• Sally Hoffman

June 2, 2022 at 2:23 pm

Brittany, you are an amazing woman.  An inspiration to all of us.  Keep up your strong spirit. Hugs

• jen-cueva

June 6, 2022 at 6:54 am

Yes, she is an inspiration every day, @mainegal. I know she appreciates the love and support from you all.

I hope you have a feel-good week ahead- hugs.

• V.R. Peterson

June 2, 2022 at 2:52 pm

@brittany-foster, I’m so sorry you needed such a rough surgery, but I’m glad you’re able to run now. I continue to pray for you. Much healing coming your way.

• jen-cueva

June 6, 2022 at 6:55 am

Thanks much, @mamabear007; I know Britt appreciates the healing prayers and love.

I hope this week finds you and your hubby feeling much better and with no leaky toilets. Hugs and love are coming your way.

• V.R. Peterson

June 6, 2022 at 3:16 pm

Thank you @jenc. This is a good week. 🙂

• Dawn

June 2, 2022 at 7:07 pm

@brittany-foster, what a wonderful update!  So sorry it was so rough getting to the end result, but I’m so happy for you.  You deserve every bit of joy and progress that you work so hard for. Positive thoughts to you.

• jen-cueva

June 6, 2022 at 6:57 am

Yes, well said (or typed) @dawnt. So much deserved. Thank you for offering your support, although you’re in a struggling season yourself. You also deserve the best. Take care, and I’m sending you extra hugs, love, and prayers this week.

• Aunt Lizzie

June 3, 2022 at 1:16 am

Brittany – I am far away, but in virtual reality am sending you a big bunch of your favorite flowers.  Close your eyes – the flowers are your favourite, in the colours you like, if you want perfume then it’s there – if not then they have none.  Enjoy – much love and hugs for a quick recovery.  xx

• jen-cueva

June 6, 2022 at 7:00 am

Hi @auntlizzie, I love your virtual flowers of her choice and even the perfume he chooses. That’s so thoughtful. I know Britt appreciates the love and support from you all. She may not have time to respond as she focuses on recovery(and work; of course, that’s Britt). But I’ll tell her she is loved and supported by many.

I hope you have a feel-good week, my PHriend- hugs.

• jen-cueva

August 12, 2022 at 10:37 am

I wanted to share a small update for those who had the opportunity to communicate with @brittany-foster early on in the forums. She was the backbone of the forums and will always be.

Britt is scheduled to have yet another heart surgery later this month. But she now has COVID. Poor girl can’t catch a break, but as usual, she’s in good spirits and making me laugh.

Please send positive thoughts, love, and prayers her way as she recovers from COVID and then prepares for a challenging surgery. She has been such a huge inspiration to me and many of you here. She may get knocked down, but she keeps going our little britt Energizer bunny.

Britt, you are loved by many, and we are with you as you take one day at a time and get through this difficult time.

• Colleen

August 12, 2022 at 6:09 pm

@brittany-foster I don’t think there are any words left in the dictionary that can express how I feel about all you continue to go through and how I feel about the way you handle it all.

You know that song that goes:

I get knocked down, but I get up again
      You are never gonna keep me down

Over and over again this is you! And even more amazing is that as much as you fight for yourself, you continue to fight and care about others too.

Love ya, Britt. Always keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

• Carol Volckmann

August 13, 2022 at 12:06 pm

Hey Brittany, I am soooo sorry to hear you need another surgery and to top it off you need to wait until you are over covid!!! You are in my prayers, you are in my heart. I have, I guess all our firum members have and still are … inspired by you. You are always there to comfort and add your strenght to others- it is our turn to send you all the strength, prayers along with warm air hugs to helpnyou get through this battle. Sending you love and positive vibes!

• Debbie Moore

August 16, 2022 at 2:48 pm

Hang in there Brittany.  Praying for healing from COVID and a successful surgery!

• jen-cueva

August 26, 2022 at 2:02 pm

Hey everyone, I wanted to ask y’all if you would send your positive thoughts, prayers, and love, to our @brittany-foster. We all love and are inspired by her perseverance and strength no matter how challenging her surgeries have been. She had one
    complicated heart surgery a few days ago and is doing alright. This was yet another complex heart surgery, one of two, she needs. This morning she said her biggest complaint was she was so tired.

She shared that her pain is better managed than before. Thank God, because she was in hofficic pain and her last procedure was not well managed.

Britt is and will always be an essential part of the PH News forums. She is admired and loved by so many. We know she would love our supportive members’ positive thoughts and prayers. No need to tag her in the post, she can read them later when she’s rested.

We are thinking of you and sending you extra gentle hugs, love, and prayers that you can get some rest somehow in the hospital and get home and start your recovery. We are right beside you, Britt.

Page 1 of 2