• Colleen

August 26, 2022 at 3:05 pm

You continue to amaze me @brittany-foster. I waited for an update on you like I would my own child. Teared up with joy when I heard it went well. I’m praying for your recovery and like so many others, love you lots!

• jen-cueva

August 29, 2022 at 2:47 pm

Thank you, @colleensteele; your message is so heartwarming.

I wanted to let everyone know that Brittany is dealing with a collapsed lung and pleural effusion. She said she would be having surgery for that today but trusts her surgical team has her best interest.

Our thoughts and prayers continue to wrap around our poor Britt. You can do this, Britt, and we are right beside you. Love you to pieces, girl.

• Debbie Moore

August 30, 2022 at 2:37 pm

Tears for the pain, tears for the difficulty.  Smiles for the medical team, smiles for the healing.  Sending you a giant hug.

• jen-cueva

August 31, 2022 at 11:12 am

Hi @debbie and @kygon, thanks so much for your support for our Britt. Yesterday she texted me and was in worse pain because they placed a drainage tube in her lung. But when I asked about her pain being managed, she said they were doing a good job. This may have something to do with me asking if I needed to call and get them in gear; hehe.

We continue to send our well wishes, love, light, hugs, and prayers to you, Brittany. You amaze me every day with all you’ve been through and persevere. I love you to pieces, girl.

• ky

August 31, 2022 at 8:20 am

Dear Brittany,

Reading this just broke my heart, I am so so sorry to hear about all your troubling ailments and pain! Sending you love and light and prayers for you (and your medical team)! I can’t imagine all that you are going through, keep up the PHight we are all pulling for your fastest recovery!

• Terese Tuohey

August 31, 2022 at 1:07 pm

It seems like it never rains but it pours.  I am praying for your recovery, and hold you in my heart.  Please remember that these things, too, shall pass, and you will be better and stronger.  I pray for your health and strength.

• jen-cueva

September 2, 2022 at 12:05 pm

Hi @tervo, I know that’s too often true. But I would like to thank you all for your continued outpouring of love and support for our Brittany.

I’m so excited to share that she “broke free” from the hospital this morning. I’ll share a brief update from this morning. I’m grateful that she was discharged and can make it to attend her sister’s wedding tomorrow (Saturday).

Here’s her update:
    “I just wanted to give an update that I am finally able to go home today after a week and a half in the hospital. My surgery went well where they decompressed a major artery and vein going to the heart and expanded my bypass graft at the same time. Unfortunately I ran into very serious complications and had a pleural effusion meaning that the chest space, particularly the left lung, filled with blood and fluid and collapsed along with collapse of the bottom part of the right lung. I needed emergency surgery to drain the fluid and put in a chest tube that I had for 4 days.
    I’m so thankful to still be here and surrounded by so much support. Unfortunately this is really going to put a dent into my recovery plan since I am going to have to focus on getting stronger and getting my lungs and heart where they need to be. The fluid put my heart into acute heart failure that is being managed with medication and many, many follow ups in the coming month.”

Please continue to send Britt your positive thoughts, prayers, and vibes as she has a long road to recovery. Britt, we love and admire you and are here for you every step along the way. Please know you are missed but also take the time needed to allow yourself time to recover mentally and physically.

• Carol Volckmann

September 4, 2022 at 12:16 pm

Brittany, you are truly amazing! I am so thrilled for you that you were able to attend your sister’s wedding! That had to be so good for your soul and for your famikt, especially for your sister.

You have been through so much but you are a fighter. So many people are fighting for you with their prayers and love. We are all sending you light, positive vibes and surrounding you with love and admiration. Sending prayers and love to your family and medical team. ???? ❤❤

• jen-cueva

September 6, 2022 at 12:30 pm

Hi @cdvol3gmail-com, and @jimi, both of your heartfelt words are so kind, and I relate to both of you. Britt continues to push through her struggles and amazes us all each time. She is well loved and cared for here, and I’ve relayed that message to her several times. She is so appreciative of the thoughtful support from you all here.

She said I could share a picture from this weekend. This was as she was preparing for her sister’s wedding. Would you all have guessed she had been through so much just days before? Britt is an inspiring, resilient, beautiful, adored soul here.

We love you, Britt, and keeping you in our thoughts and prayers as you recover at home after such a challenging 2 surgeries.

• Jimi Mcintosh

September 4, 2022 at 3:17 pm

Brittany congratulations on your continuing struggle with PH. I hope all is well after your latest  surgery, many of us on the forum, receive inspiration and encouragement from you.

Happy to hear that you were able to attend your sisters wedding. My prayers are for your healing and protection.

• Randolph Reynolds

September 6, 2022 at 3:05 pm

Brittany you represent the great strength and determination that we all need in our living with severe physical challenges.  May the Lord continue to uphold you.  I sense that you have a good medical team managing you health.

Blessings

Randy

• jen-cueva

September 7, 2022 at 12:38 pm

So true, @ripple76. I had the pleasure to see Britt’s beautiful face on a work call earlier this morning. She is not supposed to be working, but she wanted to hop on and let us know how much she misses us all. Of course, we all told her we miss her too, but she has to focus on her recovery.

One thing she shared is that she walked 15 minutes today with PT. Although her oxygen levels did drop, this was progress. WE will continue to send her our positive thoughts and prayers as she recovers.

Page 2 of 2