• Cardiac Implant in PAH

Posted by jen-cueva on August 1, 2019 at 5:10 pm

I read this article on the PHA website. Have any of you heard about this implant? Anyone here part of the trial? I do know a few who have been in this implant trial and both have nothing but positives to share.

What are your thoughts? Is an implant something that you would consider?
    Cardiac implant

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

August 2, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Wow Jen, thanks for sharing. I had not heard of this implant, it must be fairly new? As you know my son was in heart failure and they treated it with milrinone. I wonder if it’s something they would have considered if this was available at that time. You have heart failure, correct? Is it something you might discuss with your doctors?

• jen-cueva

August 4, 2019 at 8:43 pm

Yes, Colleen, I do have CHF. I don’t think I would be a candidate just yet, but I sent this same link to my PH nurse last week and she said she didn’t hear of it yet. She wants to research and learn more as they do have a heart failure clinic as well. I plan to mention this to my doctor at my next visit just to ask if needed, would I be a candidate in the future. I would be open to discuss this implant.

I’m glad your son doesn’t still have CHF but I think we always still question things like this when we hear of new meds and other therapies.