• Caring for My Aging Parents Is Challenging

Posted by jen-cueva on June 1, 2020 at 1:28 pm

Do you find that PH prevents you from caring for your aging parents? Living with PH, I find it more challenging as I try to care for my aging parents. Some days, I do good to take care of myself. Have you struggled with this? Do your parents live in another state?

This week, in my column, I discuss how difficult these last few weeks have been for me as I struggle with this. Give it a read, and let’s talk about this. I would love to hear from y’all.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

June 1, 2020 at 8:15 pm

Aww Jen, this column tugged at my heart. My parents are doing ok but I worry so much about them. I’m in WA state and they are in NJ. I can well imagine how the stress and worry effects your health. You are a good daughter and despite the distance it sounds like you are taking very good care of them. I’m sure they appreciate all the time and concern you have devoted to them.

• jen-cueva

June 2, 2020 at 9:11 am

Thanks, @colleensteele, I appreciate your kind words and support. I realize that you are living distant from your parents again; you certainly understand this battle. Were y’all able to decide on your August trip yet? I have been thinking about y’all and knew that y’all are looking forward to this.

Anyone else struggle with this? Have you already struggled with this but now your parents are gone? Share your experiences with us here.