Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Transplantation Celebrating 5 Years Post Transplant!

• Celebrating 5 Years Post Transplant!

Posted by Colleen on August 12, 2019 at 12:09 pm

If you are listed for transplant or a recipient than just like me, you probably look for stories of survival post transplant. My son just celebrated 5 years post heart and double lung transplant and may that give you some personal hope! He has battled rejection and a few other issues but has pushed through and thank God, is doing well.

In all honesty, transplant is trading one serious health concern for another. It takes a lot of on-going medical care, advocacy and challenges to stay well but personally, it has been worth it.

If you are 5 years or longer post transplant, share your experiences and help give others hope for the future.

jen-cueva replied 4 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

August 12, 2019 at 2:09 pm

What a huge milestone and celebration, Colleen! Congrats to your son and your family on his 5 year anniversary! You and your experience definitely will help others who may need a transplant at some time.

Such inspiring stories and I am enjoying learning from you about your experiences as well.

As you mention, I am sure post-transplant keeps y’all just as busy with appointments, etc..