• Posted by Zedd on October 20, 2018 at 2:33 am

Hello everyone~ I’m Zedd and I came here because I’m writing short stories and scenes featuring a character with PH. Someone I was writing buddies with in 2003-2005 had it and he complained about it once in a while, especially since sildenafil trial data was coming out and he hadn’t responded well to it. We lost touch with each other but when I started putting together what I wanted for this character, PH seemed to make sense because I’d already established that the health problem was in her heart or lungs and might be secondary to having had major surgery as a small child.

The things I’m curious about may or may not even make it into the piece i’m writing, but they’ll make the character more real in my head. I’m disabled and chronically ill, so I know that in addition to regular medication that control the disease itself, there can be other ones to manage side effects. For PH, what are those common or frustrating side effects and how are they managed? On that note, how are flares generally managed and what does it feel like to have one? For my autoimmune issues, I get short courses of prednisone at times when my joints swell or my mouth and eyes are even drier than usual.

The character is a 52 year old woman who’s been sick for a long time but is currently pretty stable. In a modern setting, how many years can be considered a “long time” to live with PH? What’s an average good day like for you? What’s an average bad day like for you? My inbox is open for anyone who’d rather PM me than reply here.

Zedd replied 5 years, 7 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.