Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Diagnosis Information and ​General​ ​Questions Check-In With Members We Haven’t Heard From In A While

• Check-In With Members We Haven’t Heard From In A While

Posted by Colleen on August 24, 2021 at 2:39 pm

There is never any pressure to comment or post topics to the forums. However, Jen and I will reach out to people every now and then just to make sure they are doing ok and to let them know we are thinking of them.

@jimi you are on my mind today. It’s been a while PHriend. How are you doing?

Members, you can reach out and check on people too. Is there a member you have noticed who has been quiet for a while? Just type @(name) and let them know you are thinking of them.

Colleen replied 2 years, 7 months ago 4 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • jen-cueva

August 30, 2021 at 12:13 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele; I know that we do worry about our forum members. I also wanted to check in on @jenniferbeaty and @texas2018. It has been a while, and I hope that y’all are doing well and keeping busy.

I’ve also thought of some of our more recent transplant recipients. How are y’all doing at @exjarhead57730 and @bill-jones. How are y’all doing post-transplant?

• Jennifer Beaty

August 31, 2021 at 8:24 am

Hi all! Jennifer Beaty checking in. I’m sorry I don’t get to participate much. I have spent  from 2017 to 2020 caring for my mother and trying to get my PAH diagnosis. I was able to get my diagnosis in 2018. But, now that momma has gone, I have somehow become the caregiver to my aunt. She has recently gone into a nursing home and I am tasked with gathering all of the paperwork to submit to Medicaid and taking care of her bills. So, needless to say, I’ve been a little busy. Added to that, my primary care physician kind of messed up my meds and I had a little trouble for a couple of weeks. My pulmonologist is getting them straightened out; but I have an appointment Friday. I’ll try to keep you posted and participate more (but no promises, LOL).

• jen-cueva

August 31, 2021 at 10:43 am

Oh, @jenniferbeaty, I’m saddened to hear that you’ve lost such a special and important person in your life. As you mourn your mother, please know that our hearts are with you.

Now adding the care of your aunt, you must be exhausted mentally and physically, and emotionally. That must be difficult for you.

Ughh, and the med mishap is never a good thing. I hope and pray that your pulmonary team gets you back on track. I am sending you extra positive thoughts, hugs, prayers, and love from Texas.

We do not want to add to your plate, but please know that we are here to support you anytime. Please take care of yourself and don’t forget to breathe.

• Colleen

August 31, 2021 at 1:23 pm

@jenniferbeaty I’m so sorry to hear about your mom and now your aunt. I can imagine how physically and emotionally challenging it has been advocating for yourself and others. I have deep respect for your efforts.

It is nice to hear from you but don’t feel pressured to check-in. When you have time and you feel up to it, you can update us. Know that we are here to support you however we can.

• Colleen

September 26, 2021 at 9:38 pm

Hey @jenniferbeaty I sent you a private message. Can you take a look at it when you have the chance? I hope you are doing well. How is your aunt?

• Steve Sallee

August 31, 2021 at 9:04 am

Doin’ great. Nothing short of a miracle. I only wish that others on this site could say the same.

• jen-cueva

August 31, 2021 at 10:46 am

Hi @exjarhead57730, you do not know how happy your brief update makes my heart happy. Unfortunately, some do not have that chance of new lungs. I am certain that you are putting those new lungs to good use.

What things have you been doing that you could not do pre-transplant, besides breathing better? Savor each moment and know that we are here for you and look forward to your brief updates when you can.

• Colleen

August 31, 2021 at 1:17 pm

Awesome @exjarhead57730! I’m so happy to hear you are doing well. If any questions or concerns come up for you regarding transplant, remember we have a lung transplant sub-forum here too. Or, like Jen mentioned, just stop in every now and then and let us know what how you are doing and what you have been up to. It’s always nice to hear from you.