Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Weekly Wins Checking In With A Few Members

• Terry

October 25, 2023 at 3:15 am

Easy on the cooking bit mate. Oh ok she has worked harder than me over the years. Happy now? Modern cars are designed for driving on the right. If your a right hander try logging in etc. on the screen with your left hand whilst driving ,its a challenge. Its heating up down here with 100’s of bushfires . Warnings are snakes are out and about. Ever go for a walk start thinking about things and not paying attention. I did today on my daily walk around the ponds and nearly stood on a 6ft. black snake. It was not backing down so I did and let it cross the path. Hell of a way to remember to take some deep breaths to slow the ticker down. You know thats why aussie bushys walk with their head bowed . Not because they are humble just differentiating between sticks and joe blakes. Thats enough from me fir a month or two.

• Terry

November 7, 2023 at 1:38 am

G’Day Colleen, yep all the tech stuff . Car is getting a good workout visiting the boss in hospital every day . I’m starting to puff a lot so it will be good to see my bloke in three weeks.

• jen-cueva

November 7, 2023 at 10:33 pm

Hey @Terry, are you running yourself ragged, Mate? How’s the boss doing this week? Are you also taking rest periods once you return home from visiting her?

Do you know when she will be discharged home? I know it’s not easy to care for our loved ones when they often care for us. As I tell Manny, it’s when I can repay his love and support.

The new Audi isn’t the only thing getting broken in. Your huffing and puffing sounds like the Big Bad Wolf ready to see his doctor in a few weeks. Please take care of yourself, Mate. Please keep us posted. 🤗

• Terry

November 8, 2023 at 3:46 am

No worries mate, The boss had a bad fall in the bedroom a couple of weeks ago and has multiple fractures of the pelvis around the ball . Fair crack of the whip I was out the front when it happened. Its all glued back together and she was transferred to rehab today so will be few weeks. On the bright side I have been proactive and have bought a new fridge , new air con. for her room and re carpeting the bedrooms and study . Big surprise , Hell I hope she approves ha. Have not had time to worry about me. You know the old saying ‘god you help me breath in and I’ll blow it out’.

• Colleen Steele

November 8, 2023 at 2:32 pm

@Terry, see, with my warped sense of humor, I would have been teasing my husband…It took a bad fall and multiple fractures to finally get a new fridge, air conditioner and carpeting out of you!

In all seriousness, though, I’m so sorry that happened to your lovely wife, and I hope her pain level is manageable. I think what you did is very sweet and I’m sure she will appreciate it!

• jen-cueva

November 8, 2023 at 3:07 pm

LOL, @Terry, I would joke with Manny about having to fall to get those projects done. But then again, I would tease him that he pushed me down. Hehe.

That’s so sweet, and what a lovely surprise for the Boss Lady when she gets to come back home. You know she may never leave those areas or will want to be hospitalized more often if this gets you in gear, Mate. 😉

Take care, and please keep us posted. I hope her rehab goes well and you get those projects completed and to her liking in time for her return home. When Manny does nice things, I tell people, dang, this is why I keep him. 😂

• jen-cueva

November 22, 2023 at 3:07 pm

I have an update from one of our valuable forum members, @Dawn, and I am also checking in with others. Again, if I miss you, I can’t tag everyone. Feel free to share a brief update if you haven’t in some time.

How are things going, @brenda-denzler, @ky , @Carol alexander , @Cathia Releford , @Aunt Lizzie , @Kali Greathouse , @Rosemary (Rose) , and @Cindy Moser ?

Here’s a brief update (in a nutshell) from Dawn. Please continue to send your positive thoughts, prayers, and love her way. 🤗🙏

“I recently returned home from my second rehab and have been working from home since October 30th. Although I’m not yet at 100%, I’ve made progress in my recovery and no longer require home nursing visits. While I still use a cane and walker for mobility, I’m gradually gaining strength and hope to regain full independence soon. I’ll see the doctor in February to determine when I can resume driving. Overall, I’m getting closer to my goals but I still have some milestones to achieve.”

She also shared that her sister drove her over to see Nancy and the horses at the farm a few times. We all know how much this meant to Dawn; I’m thankful her sister took the time to let her pet the horses again.

We love and support you, Dawn, as you recover and regain strength! You got this!!

• brenda-denzler

November 22, 2023 at 7:34 pm

Hey, Jen & all,

I’m doing OK. I was in KS two weeks ago to take care of my dad for a bit. While there, some of my breathing seemed to get better. When I flew back to NC and we were descending into the airport, so they were feeding some outside air into the cabin, I began to have some issues again. I am wondering how much of my difficulties might be related to intolerance to airborne gunk?

When I got to KS, it was clear to me that my dad was in the early stages of the dying process. (He’d had a stroke in January. It affected his memory, which had been deteriorating ever since. He was 92 years old, so his body wasn’t too far behind his memory.) My brother and SIL didn’t think that was true, but I was convinced that it was. By the time I left, we had all agreed Dad needed to go into hospice. My brother and SIL stayed with Dad 24/7 when I left, because at first he was confused and would wander around. We didn’t want him to wander off. After a week or so, it was because he couldn’t do anything on his own, so they had to help him with everything.

Last night I got the call I’d been expecting. Dad died about 7:00 PM Central time. I’m a little surprised how sad I am. Not a lot of tears; just on occasion. More a sense of emptiness and inward tearfulness. Pressure in my chest. It’s sad, but not a tragedy. He lived a long life and a very good life. He was a decent human being. He made positive contributions to the world. It was time.

In the last 24 hours, life has been a chaotic jumble of trying to arrange for pet care, buy airline tickets that we can afford, manage work and school schedules…. Tonight I was one of two guests on a webinar for metastatic breast cancer patients. I didn’t want to put it off, because I had been looking forward to it for weeks already and had already tried to prepare for it. It proved to be a good diversion for a while. Now I’m back to tightness in my chest and sadness.

• jen-cueva

November 27, 2023 at 2:03 pm

Hi @brenda-denzler, I am sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I know he has been slowly declining since his stroke, it seems. I am grateful you could see him again before he passed.

From your posts before, I understand your relationship was not the best. But he is your dad, so yeah, you are sad, and those periods of crying will probably continue. Maybe you are mourning not only your dad but what you wished you had from him. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you prepare for his services; another sad time for you and your family. 🙏

You mentioned how much better you felt there. Could it also be the altitude and the air pollutants there that make a difference in your symptoms?

Please know we are here for you, but understand if you’re not on for a bit longer. It’s never easy to say goodbye to our parents, no matter what our relationship was before. Wrapping my arms around you from afar, my PHriend! 🤗

Page 3 of 3