Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures Checking In With A Few Members

• Checking In With A Few Members

Posted by Colleen on June 4, 2021 at 1:58 pm

It is always ok to step away from the forums for a while. Sometimes we need to do that for various reasons. That being said, Jen and I still like to check in with people who go quiet for a while, because we care about all of you and just want to make sure you are doing ok and if you are in need of support.

I would like to check in on @vanessavaile, @alfredjohn, @gward, @teddy, @jimi, @texas2018ld

@jenc would you or anyone else like to reach out to someone?

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 10 months ago 5 Members · 19 Replies
  • 19 Replies
  • Teddy

June 4, 2021 at 6:29 pm

Hi Thankyou for checking in on me. I am doing well. I hope that you are all doing good.

• Colleen

June 15, 2021 at 5:37 pm

Happy to hear you are doing well @teddy! We are here any time you need a PHriend.

• jen-cueva

June 7, 2021 at 8:42 am

Thank you, @teddy, for letting us know that you are doing good. WE like those updates, for sure.

@colleensteele, so true; we tend to worry when we do not see some of our members update.

Please know we are only checking in, and just a simple hi, I am ok is plenty. We are here and want to support you as much as we can through your ups and downs.

I will add @nancy-mcsweeney, @jim-sparrow, @jenniferbeaty, @robo2677, and @texas2018. I know there are several others we missed, so please update when you can.

• jen-cueva

June 8, 2021 at 1:24 pm

I wanted to add a few more members that popped up in my mind this morning. We are looo0king for any brief updates that you want to share. We hope that the spring and summer weather has you out and about.

How are you, @becca, @joanne-sperando-schmidt, @auntlizzie, and @anne? Thinking of y’all.

• Gayle Ward

June 8, 2021 at 5:15 pm

Thanks for checked in. I’m not well. I fell this weekend and broke my wrist on my dominant hand.I’m having surgery latter this week. Big bummer. I hate being dependent. I have a good six weeks before I’ll be able to use my hand.

• jen-cueva

June 9, 2021 at 12:22 pm

Oh no, @gward, I am so sorry to hear about your fall. Ughh, that broken wrist certainly must be a bummer, dominant hand, nonetheless. I hope that the surgery goes well, but as you know and noted, that healing time will be difficult. I know for most of us, being dependent on others is not our forte; I think we nurses are often the worst!

Please know that we are sending you positive thoughts and prayers as you heal. If you can, have someone update us.

• Colleen

June 15, 2021 at 5:41 pm

Oh no @gward I’m so sorry that happened to you! I broke my ankle in 3 places many years ago and it was hard for me to rely on others, especially by those who normally rely on me. But, you have to do it. The more you rest that wrist the faster and better the recovery will be. Thank you for updating us.

• Aunt Lizzie

June 15, 2021 at 1:37 am

Hi Jen and Colleen – you hard workers.  Sorry for the silence.  I’ve been pretty good lately.  Especially since my iron infusion.  Also, have just today had my second Pfizer jab, so hopefully no side effects.  My wonderful cardiologist let me know how I could get Pfizer instead of the AZ that was on offer – I just didn’t feel happy about the AZ clotting issues.  First Pfizer jab I got some stiffness in my lower back and hip joints and muscles – or was that just old age.  Anyway, I feel a bit relieved I’m as safe as one can expect to be now from the dreaded COVID.   Keep safe everybody.  Cheers.

• jen-cueva

June 15, 2021 at 10:28 am

Hi Aunt Lizzie,

I am happy to hear that your iron infusion has helped you to feel better. Did you do a series of iron infusions? I usually do the 3 or 5 series infusions when I go. Unfortunately, I am behind; I need to schedule that for next month, maybe. I have canceled my labs and appointment with my hematologist several times.

It sounds like the Pfizer vaccine and so far without any issues. I hope that the second one is uneventful for you, too. Wondering if the aches and pains are from the vaccine or our PH meds, or age, as you can be a challenge.

Silence is OK, but we do start to worry, so update us as you can. It sounds like you have been staying busy and taking care of yourself. That’s the top priority. Thank you for sharing and setting an example for us all.

• Colleen

June 15, 2021 at 5:36 pm

@auntlizzie no need for an apology. Jen and I just wanted to make sure you are doing ok and remind you that support is here if you need it. My family got the Pfizer as well. Except for minor fatigue we were fine but Cullen did experience some of the joint and muscle aches that you described. He was fine after a few days.

• Aunt Lizzie

June 20, 2021 at 7:43 am

I think I was a bit quick off the mark with my June 15 post – second Pfizer jab was OK for 12 hours, but then I knew I was well and truly Pfizered.  From 10pm Tuesday to 10pm Sunday, as I post this, I have experienced a horrible time with the side effects.  As I found out this is not rare, so I hope all you lovelies don’t get them as bad.   Shivers and shakes, chills, rapid heart rate, weak, fatigue, sweats.  Lost days and time – I felt I had been well and truly abducted and probed……LOL

Wednesday I looked at the ceiling all day and realised it really needs a new coat of paint.     Stay well.

• jen-cueva

June 21, 2021 at 12:10 pm

Oh no, @auntlizzie, I am so sorry to hear of the complications from Pfizer #2. That is horrible on top of PH and your other complications, I am certain.

I have heard that the 2nd shot for some is much worse than the first. But I hate that. How long has this lasted now?

Isn’t it funny the to-dos we tend to make as we are lying down in bed or on the couch? My hubby loves my ongoing to-do list, LOL.

I am thinking of you and hope you feel some relief soon.

• Colleen

June 21, 2021 at 1:53 pm

@auntlizzie I feel so bad for you. It seems the symptoms from the vaccination hit people as differently as the disease itself. I’ve known a few people who got the short end of the stick as you have. It’s no fun. I hear it does pass though and I pray you will be feeling better soon! If you haven’t already, make sure you inform your doctor about the side effects you are experiencing. Update us when you feel up to it.

• Aunt Lizzie

June 22, 2021 at 12:58 am

Jen and Colleen – thanks for your tea and sympathy.  Almost one week since jab #2 and I’m almost 100% again.  I must be OK – I’ve just spent about 2 hours moving an old woodheap and old timber for a friend who is calling later today to collect it.   Ooh, Ahhh the back ache now – but I know it will soon go.  Cup of Turkish coffee and a sweet biscuit will fix that.

Here in Australia – Sydney – we are having another round of  COVID cases popping up, but very very low numbers.  How are things in the US – we don’t hear much about you lately.

• Colleen

June 22, 2021 at 12:34 pm

I’m happy to hear you bounce back @auntlizzie! From what I hear we will most likely have to get the Covid vaccination every year as we do the flu shot. Considering the side-effects you experienced, how do you feel about that?

Can I just say I love the way all of you talk in Australia? So descriptive, warm and entertaining. Enjoy your coffee and biscuits and take it easy on your back for the rest of the week.

• jen-cueva

June 22, 2021 at 10:43 am

Hi @auntlizzie, I am so happy to hear that you are almost back to your 100%.

Oh my, that sounds like hard labor. I hope the coffee and biscuit helps. Maybe try rotating ice and heat to your back.

Be careful with the other rounds of COVID in your area in Australia. Here in Texas, it appears that most are getting back to normal faster. In general, it depends on the area, but I think cases are slowing down for the most part.

Please keep us posted on your recovery. Any other plans this week?

• Colleen

June 24, 2021 at 3:06 pm

@jimi I noticed that you logged into the forums today. No need to comment if you don’t feel up to it. Just want you to know it was nice to see your name pop up and that we are always here for you any time!

• Gayle Ward

June 24, 2021 at 4:40 pm

Good news the surgery went well. Bad news recovery will take 12+ weeks.  I can’t drive but am lucky to have such a kind husband and good friends. It’s important to be grateful for what you have.  Thank you for your kind thoughts. You are terrific!

• jen-cueva

June 24, 2021 at 7:59 pm

Hi @gward, It is great to hear that the surgery went well. Although the recovery time seems long, I love your positivity. You are right. Great hubbies and friends make e huge difference, especially at times like this.

I know depending on others is not your cup of tea, but It sounds like you have an awesome support team. You will be in my continued thoughts and prayers as you recover.

Gratitude is important. I begin each day with my gratitude journal. Take care, and thanks for letting us know.

What will you most look forward to as you recover? Cooking, driving, writing? Each day as you heal, that may change.