Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Weekly Wins Checking-In With My Phriends

• Checking-In With My Phriends

Posted by Colleen on December 8, 2021 at 2:28 pm

I’m so sorry I haven’t been on the forums. I flew out to NJ on November 30th and here until Dec. 15th visiting my parents. This time Cullen came with me which is a huge win. He hasn’t been on a plane since he was flown to CA for transplant 7 years ago and it’s been just as long since he has enjoyed a real vacation. Sort of vacation…he’s been working on finals while here but we have also been fitting in lots of fun.

I’m a bit late but want to take a moment to thank everyone who joined our Community Zoom Social on Nov. 29th. It was such a pleasure having the opportunity to see your faces and hear your voices, @vanessavaile, @scollin, @mainegal, @tervo, @wheeldog & Mary Ellen, and @mknevada

Another big win was the Instagram Live event we had on Dec. 6th. If you missed it you can watch it on the Pulmonary Hypertension News Instagram page. 15 years old recent lung transplant recipient and her mom Sheila expanded on their PH experiences from what Tati wrote about in “30 Days of PH”,

I shared some personal experiences and so did @jenc .  The discussions were informative, inspiration and yes, at times emotional and powerful.

How are your weekly wins going? Anything new to share?

Colleen replied 2 years, 4 months ago 5 Members · 8 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • jen-cueva

December 9, 2021 at 12:12 pm

Hey @colleensteele, please don’t apologize for not being on. I’m excited and grateful that you and Cullen are enjoying your time in NJ with your folks.

I know that Cullen will do well on his finals. He’s such an intelligent young man. I look forward to hearing more about your trip in the future column. I’m sure that you will have so much to write about. Creating these special memories is something that you all will hold close to your heart.

Our latest events have been inspiring to say the least. I’m grateful to be part of such a unique and passionate group.

Not much is going on here new, staying on top of meds and immunity-boosting supplements and juices. KK did take me to the lab yesterday, and we grabbed a coffee through the drive-through on our way home. Besides that, our tree and stockings are up, but I have done zero shopping thus far. I need to get that going today. Thankfully, I am not buying many gifts, but I need to get my parents’ gifts sent ASAP. Christmas seemed to pop up too quickly for me. What about y’all?

• Terese Tuohey

December 9, 2021 at 4:14 pm

Hi, guys and gals!  If I sound happy, it is because I am – ired but happy!  I left 22º weather in MI and my husband and I drove to FL!  it is currently 80º and sunny!  THIS is why I love being in FL!

We only got in last night, and have spent most of today unpacking (still can’t find some stuff we KNOW we packed….:) but it’s there somewhere).  We are settling in. Tonight or tomorrow, we’ll put up our tree, and Tim will start putting lights up on the condo.  The neighborhood rather encourages the decorations, so it’s become almost a competition.  At night, it is beautiful!

Sally, if you read this post, yes, I will get in touch with you.  Sarasota isn’t far from where I live, and I’d love to meet you in person!

I wish all of you a Merry Christmas, if you celebrate, and if you don’t I wish you Happy Holidays!

• jen-cueva

December 10, 2021 at 1:48 pm

Hi @tervo, I’m so happy that y’all made it safely to FL. Your excitement is contagious! I know that you will enjoy the Florida sunshine for a while.

It sounds like you and Tim are going to be busy decorating. Are you going to join in the competition? Manny and I plan to ride through the neighborhood this weekend on our bikes and take in the decorations. We’re also planning to make it to the Christmas boat parade on Sunday evening with the kiddos.

Would you mind taking a pic when you and @mainegal meet up? You can send it to me, and I will be happy to share it with the other forum members.

If you become too busy and not on before, I wish you and Tim a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays in sunny Florida. Please update us on your new outings, etc. as you can. We look forward to hearing more.

• Sally Hoffman

December 10, 2021 at 6:29 pm

Hi Jen and Terese.  Jen, Thanks for putting Terese together.  We only live a few minutes apart.

Terese, so glad to hear you arrived safe and sound.  Looking forward to meeting up with you when you are settled in.  Just get in touch with me and we’ll make it happen.

• jen-cueva

December 13, 2021 at 2:51 pm

Hi @mainegal, I am excited to hear about the meeting with you and @tervo soon in FL. It’s such a small world.

I hope that you are doing well this Monday. Are you looking forward to any plans this week?

• Carol Volckmann

December 14, 2021 at 3:39 pm

Merry Christmas ???????? and/or Happy Holidays ???? everyone! Colleen, I am so thrilled for Collen, your family and yourself for this very special holiday! What a wonderful gift ???? for Collen!

And to you folks basking in the sun ????,  I remember when living in Florida, putting on the AC so we were able to have a small fire in the fireplace!

Here in the Pacufic NW it is cold, damp, windy and rain, but, we are snug and warm. Recent test results seems good to find some answers.

All is well and we look forward to something joyful for the New Year. Happy, Healthy, Safe New Year everyone. ????❤????‍????????

• jen-cueva

December 15, 2021 at 11:49 am

Hi @cdvol3gmail-com, I am grateful to hear that you had some positive test results to end this year with. I hope this continues for you and your husband, both in 2022.

Yesterday, here in sunny San Diego, we also had a wet and cooler day. Today a bit warmer and dry, at least. Of course, I welcome the sunshine any day. Sasha agrees. I have to almost drag her out on wet, cooler days, LOL.

But, I laughed as we have also turned on the AC when in Texas a few times to get a chilly Christmas. This was especially true when KK was a young girl. We wanted to build that fire, too. Those days when we can have a warm cup of hot cocoa or hot toddy by the fire with family and friends are such precious gifts.

Thank you for your well wishes. I echo the same to each of you. Have a safe and cozy holiday season, my friend.

• Colleen

December 15, 2021 at 1:17 pm

@carol-alexander my parents live in south Jersey so it was actually chillier there than in WA. They also had a few rain storms while we there which made us feel right at home. Cullen really enjoyed the visit and is asking to go back out again in July when he is on break from college. During this trip he was working on finals.

@jenc I love that you use to turn the AC on for the cozy feeling of a Christmas chill and warming up by a fire. Has Hallmark used that idea yet for one of their Christmas shows? If not, you should write into them. LOL!