Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH Concerns for PAH folks among influx of Californians

• Concerns for PAH folks among influx of Californians

Posted by randolph-reynolds on November 27, 2020 at 11:47 am

I know this sounds off the main line of discussion but the “refugees” pouring into my little town of Prescott Arizona has a number of us very concerned but especially for me with PAH. I have friends who will take me and my oxygen tank out to eat in restaurants that meet the social distancing and mask requirements. Yet we see groups of people who are ignoring this and it has caused me a lot of concern.

I am rather a determined person who will find a way to keep my sanity during this pandemic. Remaining at home all the time is not an option. So three times a week I get out for a couple of hours. It is remarkable how invigorating this can be. Some day this virus will be defeated by a vaccine and those of us on supplemental oxygen will get our freedom back.

Colleen replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Colleen

December 1, 2020 at 5:12 pm

@ripple76 I agree, it is so frustrating and scary to see how many people refuse to take the social distancing and mask wearing seriously. It only take 1 person to make many sick. Look at our poor Jen. She had been so careful and yet she still caught Covid, and I know a few other people this has happened to.

I take my dogs out for a walk at least once a day and that alone helps my sanity. It’s good to hear that you are getting out for fresh air too. As long as we do it safely the benefits are great!