Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Transplantation CONGRATULATIONS Bill Jones!

• CONGRATULATIONS Bill Jones!

Posted by Colleen on October 27, 2020 at 8:46 pm

I just received happy news that @bill-jones received his transplant last Thursday! Right now he is busy recovering and will update when he is feeling up to it. Let’s give him our best and keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

Congratulations Bill! I am so happy for you and your family!

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 1 month ago 7 Members · 12 Replies
  • 12 Replies
  • jen-cueva

October 28, 2020 at 8:34 am

Awesome news! Congrats, @bill-jones, on receiving your transplant. This is a brand new journey for you. We are here and ready to support you when you are ready. In the meantime, rest, focus on t=your recovery and let us know how we can best support you.

I am sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family, and your medical team! Thank God, so happy for you!

Thank you, @colleensteele, for sharing!

• carol-volckmann

October 29, 2020 at 3:14 pm

Great news Bill! Please take it easy and rest. A whole new journey for you – positive road! You are in my thoughts and prayers as well as your family.

• jimi-mcintosh

October 30, 2020 at 9:46 am

Congratulations, make the very best of this new chance. Wishing you a speedy recovery

• jen-cueva

November 2, 2020 at 1:19 pm

I was offline for a few days, so I wanted to come to check in on @bill-jones. I have been thinking of you and your family. Let us know how we can help you recover from your transplant.

• Colleen

January 12, 2021 at 2:12 pm

@bill-jones I want to check-in and see how you are doing since transplant. I hope recovery has continued to go well. @exjarhead57730 just received his transplant. Just want to remind you both that you are going through this at the same time in case you could use support from the other. The rest of us of course are always available too.

• Steve Sallee

January 13, 2021 at 4:40 am

Congrats, Bill Jones. Hope you are doing well.

• jen-cueva

January 13, 2021 at 4:10 pm

Congrats to you, @bill-jones. I hope and pray that you are doing well post-transplant. We are here and want to support you after the transplant, too.

Update just when you are up to it.

• Colleen

February 14, 2023 at 8:26 pm

Today was “National Donor Day” so I thought I would check-in on our transplant recipients. How are you doing @bill-jones?

• jen-cueva

February 15, 2023 at 2:36 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele, for recognizing our transplant recipients. I haven’t seen any updates from @bill-jones. Hopefully, he is staying busy living a joy-filled life.

• bill-jones

February 24, 2023 at 2:53 pm

Well they never said it would be easy. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond but somehow I couldn’t get logged in here. I was just able to find my cheat sheet now have my log in information.  My recovery was sort of a rough time, due to multiple issues, infections, mutple additional hospital stays, and what ever. But finally I am feeling about 95% recovered and back to enjoying life. Two and a half years ago I stepped aside from my business and let my son run things which was the best decision I ever could have made. I am now 95% retired. Yesterday my wife Michelle and I welcomed our newly born granddaughter into this world.  She is our 3rd grandchild.

I will try to be better about checking in now and then. Hope all is well with everyone here.

• jen-cueva

February 27, 2023 at 1:36 pm

Hi @bill-jones, welcome back! I’m happy to see your update, but sorry about the post-transplant recovery struggles.

It sounds like you are doing better now and enjoying life as it’s meant to be enjoyed. Congrats on your granddaughter!

What else have you been up to? Do you work at the business despite the 95% retirement phase?

Do you and your wife have any trips or things you plan to make that you planned pre-transplant?

What would you say has been the most eye-opening post-transplant?

Thanks for checking in, and please don’t be a stranger for so long. Take care of yourself and enjoy that new granddaughter, my PHriend.

• debbie-moore

February 17, 2023 at 12:25 pm

Congratulations @bill-jones!  I’m sure recovery isn’t easy, but what a blessing you have received.  Enjoy this “new” life!