• Creatively Recycling Medical Waste

Posted by Colleen on January 31, 2020 at 2:21 pm

PH patients trash cans are often full of empty boxes (both paper and styrofoam), medicine bottles and other plastic waste. We of course have to carefully dispose of biohazard waste but I’ve known people who have made use of the recyclable waste in creative ways. One example that stands out in my mind is a skeleton someone made for Halloween made out of empty medicine bottles.

Have you found any way to re purpose or creatively make use of your empty medical containers? If so, share some examples with us.

Jimi Mcintosh replied 4 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Aunt Lizzie

February 4, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Hi Colleen – That Halloween skeleton idea gave me a good giggle. For the past 7 years I’ve been saving the boxes all my pills come in, along with ECG sticky dots etc etc and plan to make a collage / montage called “Am I Better Yet?” Still haven’t quite figured out the pattern – probably something like a cornucopia. We’ll see. LOL

• Colleen

February 5, 2020 at 6:29 pm

@auntlizzie I love the idea of a collage! When I heard about the Halloween skeleton I told my husband I wish I had been keeping all of my sons pill bottles. I could have opened up a Halloween stored with my 10 years worth of supplies! I hope you will share a picture of your creation once it’s finished.

• Jimi Mcintosh

February 6, 2020 at 10:30 pm

I will make the skeleton s for the grandkids. Been trying to find a home for 9 boxes of “tyvaso” meds and user supplies. Hate to put them
    On the curb, considering the high monthly cost