Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2022 Day 1 of #30DaysofPH: With PH Since Childhood, I’m Hyper-aware Now

• Day 1 of #30DaysofPH: With PH Since Childhood, I’m Hyper-aware Now

Posted by Jessie Madrigal Fletcher on November 2, 2022 at 5:40 pm

Elena Dimova was born in the middle of 1991 in former Yugoslavia. The doctor told her family she had a small hole in her heart, but that it would go away as Elena got older. Three years later, with the potential of the Bosnian war spilling over into her country, Elena’s family decided to move to America. At a routine doctor’s visit, her physician noticed something off. When Elana was three years old she finally got her diagnosis: pulmonary hypertension.

Elena is now in her thirties, and while depression can sometimes get in the way, Elena is living her life how she wants, within the bounds of her condition.

“I look forward to enjoying my life despite having PH.”

Elena, thanks for sharing your story with us!

Now back to our PH Community: What do you do to manage your mental health?

To read the rest of Elena’s story and learn more about her life, click here.

Our #30DaysOfPH initiative is running for the entire month of November. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with PH. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

Elena replied 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • Colleen

November 2, 2022 at 8:28 pm

@elche thank you so much for sharing part of your PH journey with the community and beyond. Now in your 30’s you are quite the inspiration considering that you were diagnosed with PH at the age of 3.

I want to check that you received my email with all the links to your story so you can share them with others.

Members, take a moment to read Elena’s story. Share your thoughts about her journey and how it relates to your own.

• Elena

November 7, 2022 at 3:29 pm

Hi Colleen,

Apologies for the delayed response. I’m still getting used to the format of the website.

I received your email and have gotten all of the links.

Thank you for sending everything through. I’ve let family and friends know all about it.

Elena

• Colleen

November 7, 2022 at 4:31 pm

No worries @elche. I just wanted to make sure you were aware that your story was published. Again, thank you so much for contributing to the campaign!

Let us know if you have any questions about using the forums.

• jen-cueva

November 3, 2022 at 3:41 pm

Wowk, what a beautiful young woman you are, @elche. You have a lovely family as well. Your story is heartbreaking but inspirational because you are now in your 30s.

I’ve noticed that many who were born with PH or diagnosed at such a young age, like yourself, often seem more aware of what’s going on with your body. Thank you so much for sharing your PH journey.

I laughed at the college junk food comment, hehe. How is dating life going?

• Elena

November 10, 2022 at 11:57 am

Thank you, Jen.

It’s taken some time to shed some old bad nutritional habits.

Dating life is a bit on the back burner for me. I’m not actively looking at the moment.