Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2022 Day 10 of #30DaysofPH: My Daughter Lives Life on Her Own Terms

• Day 10 of #30DaysofPH: My Daughter Lives Life on Her Own Terms

Posted by Jessie Madrigal Fletcher on November 11, 2022 at 6:40 pm

Tamara Lennard tells the story of her daughter Cheyanne, who was diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension (specifically Eisenmenger syndrome) at the age of 2.

Cheyanne is 18 now, and to Tamara, she is a warrior who has tried everything she could despite physical limitations. Tamara has become her biggest supporter through Cheyanne’s work in drama, cheerleading, choir, orchestra, part-time jobs, and heart camps.

“Cheyanne is a PH fighter who decided to live life on her terms, and we continue to marvel at her success.”

Tamara, Cheyanne is so lucky to have you!

Now back to our PH Community: Who within the PH community makes you proud to know them?

To read the rest of Tamara’s story and learn more about Cheyanne’s PH journey, click here.

Our #30DaysOfPH initiative is running for the entire month of November. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with PH. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

Colleen replied 1 year, 5 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Colleen

November 14, 2022 at 1:19 pm

Cheyanne is quite the inspiration! I’m sure she has drawn a lot of her strength from having such a supportive mom like Tamara.

I am proud of every child living with PH whose story I have followed and/or I have met personally. Children do tend to be resilient but PH children are a whole other level of amazing! Cheyanne is a prime example of that!