Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2022 Day 19 of #30DaysofPH: Despite PAH, I’m Thriving as a Singer and Performer

• Day 19 of #30DaysofPH: Despite PAH, I’m Thriving as a Singer and Performer

Posted by marco-jimenez on November 21, 2022 at 5:00 pm

“It’s getting harder to sing and dance, but I will continue to sing for as long as I can.” James Ramsey shares how he’s managing PAH and a singing career.

To read the rest of James’ story and learn more about his journey, click here

Our #30DaysOfPH initiative is running for the entire month of November. Each day, we feature a different story and a different view of life with PH. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

Colleen replied 1 year, 4 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jen-cueva

November 22, 2022 at 1:09 pm

What an incredible story, James! Although you’re managing PH and other health conditions, it is humbling that you continue to bring others joy with your voice.

Before PH, I was a nurse, and I felt my heart light up when I read about you singing at the nursing homes. We did Christmas caroling each year for our nursing home patients. My daughter was young then and always looked forward to the nursing home caroling nights.

I’m grateful it wasn’t cancer. But sorry, it is PH, and you continue to struggle while singing, something you enjoy and others do too.

Thanks for sharing. I hope you can continue to sing for many more years. We would love to have you join us in the forums.

• Colleen

November 23, 2022 at 10:08 am

I’m guessing it’s more North Jersey in which James performs. I grew up in South Jersey but maybe sometime when I’m home visiting I can find a way to catch one of his performances. I enjoy supporting PHer’s doing what they love and it’s obvious from the response this story has received on social media, that other’s do too. I think there are a number of PHer’s out there doing what they can to keep “singing” and this story touched their hearts.