Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Awareness and Advocacy Day 3 of “30 Days of PH” – Life Lessons From Charlie Brown

• jen-cueva

November 3, 2020 at 11:24 am

Another awesome story, @colleensteele. Thanks to Brian for sharing his perspective dealing with a child with PH and now a young adult post-transplant. Your family has been through some of life’ss most challenging times. But, just by treading this and Colleen’s posts, you all are an amazing support to Cullen. He is fortunate to have such an awesome and supportive family.

I love the Charlie Brown reference.

Well done, Brian! Thanks for sharing your story.

• Colleen

November 3, 2020 at 11:34 am

Thank you @jenc. I’m so happy Brian wanted to participate. He commented today that he is glad he did and that it felt good to share his thoughts in this way.

• jen-cueva

November 3, 2020 at 11:40 am

Aww, I am so happy that he did participate. You’re doing an awesome job on this project, @colleensteele!

• Carol Volckmann

November 3, 2020 at 4:40 pm

Colleen, Brian’s story brought tears and a warm hug to Brian. What a wonderful perspective to share.

It makes me think of the story of the difference between an optimist and a pestomist. In one room the physiologist places a 6 year boy who has always been so pestomistic about everything. The brightly colored room is filled with every toy a little boy could wish for. But, there he sits not touching anything. The doctor asks him why he isn’t playing with any of the toys. The answers – something might break.

The doctor takes another 6 year old boy, the ever optimistic child. The room the doctor has chosen is dark and empty except for a huge pile of manure. The little boy rushes in and starts laughing, singing and gets on top of the manure. The doctor asks him, why is he so happy. The boy replies, “With this much manure, there has to be a pony in here somewhere!”

I am still looking for that pony!

• Colleen

November 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm

@cdvol3gmail-com I read this to Brian…we never heard this story before and love it!

I might be writing an extension to my husband’s story for my next column and I’m thinking about adding your story to it. Can I mention your name in my column if I do?

• Carol Volckmann

November 3, 2020 at 6:42 pm

Of course you can Colleen! Hope you and your family are doing well and let us cross our fingers for tonight’s election. I am afraid to watch. I must think about that pony!

• jen-cueva

November 4, 2020 at 9:50 am

Yes, love that addition, @cdvol3gmail-com. I think that will be an interesting take on a column, Colleen. Go for it!