Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2022 Day 30 of #30DaysofPH: A Message of Hope for All With Pulmonary Hypertension

• Day 30 of #30DaysofPH: A Message of Hope for All With Pulmonary Hypertension

Posted by Kevin Schaefer on November 30, 2022 at 3:05 pm

Lauren Thompson shares her story of receiving a PH diagnosis as a young child. She’s now been living with it for 20 years. Her message is one of hope for the PH community.

She writes, “We are dealt a disease we didn’t ask for. We not only juggle work, house chores, and normal human tasks, but we also must have the capacity to continuously go to doctors, order medications each month, deal with insurance companies, and other things you may have to do to survive. All these survival responsibilities can feel exhausting.

I want to bring this message of hope: you are enough! You’re loved, and there is a PH community here to help and support you! Make sure you reach out to us!”

Click here to read the full story.

Do you have any takeaways from Lauren’s story? Where do you find hope?

jen-cueva replied 7 months, 1 week ago 3 Members · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • jen-cueva

December 1, 2022 at 10:45 am

Lauren shares such a beautiful story of hope that wrapped up the 30 Days of PH campaign. I can relate to her mental health setbacks. Mental health plays a huge part in many of our lives. We must be careful to care for our bodies mentally, physically, and emotionally.

She is right; balancing our PH care, mental health, life, family, and friends can be highly exhausting. But whenever anyone feels that is too much, I hope they can read stories like Lauren’s and our other contributors and know they are not alone.

I find hope in my family, PHamily, and friends. If I hold on a little tighter, things will eventually work out. We would love to have Lauren join us here in the forums. I’m proud of her for sharing her incredible PH journey of hope.

• Colleen

December 2, 2022 at 5:11 pm

I appreciate that Lauren’s story ended the campaign with a message of hope!

Sharing her experiences of living with PH from childhood into adulthood I think backs up her message of hope. She has been through a lot physically and mentally but has continued to forge on and it sounds like today, she is doing well.

Thank you so much for sharing your story and encouraging us, Lauren!

• jen-cueva

September 12, 2023 at 9:25 pm

With a sad heart, I share that our beautiful PH PHriend, Lauren Thompson, joined our other PH angels who have gone before us. Lauren was such a sweet young woman who fought until her last breath.

I’m incredibly grateful that our lovely @Colleen Steele could help her share her PH story last year for 30DaysofPH. Lauren didn’t think she was ready to share or think it was “good” enough. But she was so proud of herself once she shared her PH journey. Others who read her story also enjoyed reading it.

May she breathe easy.💜😇

• Colleen

September 13, 2023 at 11:20 pm

@jen-cueva I was so heartbroken when I heard that Lauren died. It was such a pleasure to witness her come out of her shell to share her PH story. She was so proud of herself that she did that and honestly, it felt good to help a special person like her to find her voice. If you haven’t read her 30 Days of PH story yet, in remembrance of her, I hope you will take a moment to now.

• jen-cueva

September 14, 2023 at 2:49 pm

Hi, @Colleen Steele; yes, I’m so grateful that you helped her with the confidence to share her incredible story with PH. It’s heartbreaking, and she declined rapidly. Big hugs to you, too.