Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums BioNews Content 30 Days of PH 2022 Day 6 of #30DaysofPH Topic: Reflections From a Long-term PH Survivor

• Day 6 of #30DaysofPH Topic: Reflections From a Long-term PH Survivor

Posted by Jessie Madrigal Fletcher on November 7, 2022 at 7:41 pm

Nov. 8 will mark 10 years since Marcie McGregor was diagnosed with idiopathic pulmonary arterial hypertension. She initially thought her life was over and never expected to live long enough to be considered a “long-term survivor.” She also soon learned that most people don’t live three years without treatment, and it took exactly three years for her to be diagnosed. That’s when Marcie realized how blessed she is to still be here. She was already beating the odds.

“I’m not celebrating the fact that I have PH. I’m celebrating the fact that I’m living with it, and that I have a wonderful support system.”

Marcie, you totally rock. Thanks for sharing your story with us!

Now back to our PH Community: What do you celebrate about your own life?

To read the rest of Marcie’s story and learn more about how she’s beating the odds daily, click here.

Our #30DaysOfPH initiative is running for the entire month of November. Each day, we are featuring a different story, and a different view of life with PH. To read all of the stories, visit our website.

jen-cueva replied 1 year, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • jen-cueva

November 8, 2022 at 3:48 pm

Hi Marcie, I am also a long-term survivor, almost 18 years old. Like you, I, too, appreciate each new bonus day! The picture of you with your beautiful grandbaby was perfect for including here.

I want to learn more about this cookie swap you are doing this month. Never have I heard anyone doing that; so creative on your part, girl.

Today, I am celebrating you and all of us who are having yet another bonus day. May we continue to be blessed with many many more bonus days- and cookies-hehe. Thanks so much for sharing such an inspiring story.

• Colleen

November 8, 2022 at 6:59 pm

@jenc I don’t think Marcie is a forum member but I will also reach out and encourage her to join. I love the cookie swap idea. Such a thoughtful way of showing appreciation and bringing people together in the process. Love it!

• Marcie

November 8, 2022 at 9:15 pm

Hey Jen! It’s SO much fun! Everyone bakes a couple dozen of whatever cookie they choose and brings those and the printed recipe. I have boxes for everyone to fill with cookie samples to take home from each person and they can get the recipes for the ones they like so we all have new recipes to bake for the holidays. I also have finger foods to eat at the party. It’s always so much fun. I have a rule that everyone that comes has to take a picture with me before they leave and we also take a big group photo. I tagged you in the pictures on Facebook ????

• jen-cueva

November 9, 2022 at 1:18 pm

Hi @marciem, that sounds like a great PHun time! I will check out the cookie exchange party pics on FB here shortly. What area do you live in again? Too far for me to drive over, I believe. Hehe.

Too bad we couldn’t do this and taste the cookies and finger foods via zoom. You are indeed an inspiration. I am so thankful you joined and shared your 30 Days of PH story so we can learn more about you.