Tagged: , ,

• Dealing With Grief and Loss : A Tribute to My Cowboy

Posted by jen-cueva on April 23, 2021 at 6:28 pm

This week in my column, I share some about grief and loss. This was fresh in my head since my stepfather passed away only a few weeks ago.

Many others have experienced grief and loss during this pandemic. Loss is never fun, but within the last few years, many have lost loved ones without saying goodbye.

Give it a read and let’s talk about this.

susi-steppins replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

April 26, 2021 at 3:45 pm

@jenc this is a beautiful tribute to your stepfather. Those last moments you were able to share with him are precious and I’m so happy that you have them.

What you express about people not being able to grieve properly during the pandemic is something I have experienced. There was an elderly woman at my parish who I was very close to and she was extremely active in the church community. She passed away unexpectedly and not being able to attend her funeral or have the memorial she deserved was heartbreaking.

I know this column will hit home for many. Thank you for writing it.

• susi-steppins

April 27, 2021 at 12:31 pm

@jenc, what a beautiful tribute to your stepfather.
    The article pulled at my heartstrings.
    My sister lost her husband to lung cancer last October in the midst of the pandemic.
    It was a very lonely time for her, having to grieve without having many people there with her.
    I understand how that feels by having watched her go through it.
    Unfortunately she lives in California and I live in Colorado so I was unable to go to her.
    I was afraid to expose myself during the pandemic.

I am so glad you were able to go to him like you did.
    You are very brave and very strong for making the decision to go.