Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

People often describe people battling life-threatening illnesses as strong, courageous, and inspirational. But how would YOU describe yourself in 5 words? There is nothing wrong with relating to those 3 words if you do, but maybe you see yourself differently or feel that their are words that better describe you. What are they? If you feel comfortable, share a little about why the words best describe you.

Dawn
      Participant

@colleensteele, I think for me it would be ‘Could have quit, BUT DIDN’T’. Based on my history, there were times I wanted to just give up but I just couldn’t do it. Now, despite these diseases, I’m not going anywhere until I absolutely have to! I didn’t quit through some really rough times, not going to start now when I’m finally to a stronger happier me.

Good Topic Colleen.

Jen Cueva

Wow, @colleensteele, I have to think hard on this one. It has been on my mind all day since reading it this morning. I love this and excited to hear from others,. too.

@dawnt
      , I love, “should have quit but didn’t”- sounds like you from what I have learned already! I love that! Keep that attitude!

Jen Cueva

I am often told that caring, empathetic, hope, and passion are words that describe me. While I think that is accurate, I think of PHight that most often. But, some days, I feel like I would use the words quite and reserved to describe me. Does that surprise y’all at all? I am actually the “quite” one in my family, most often.

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@dawnt “Could have quit, BUT DIDN’T” are such powerful words put together! Really, if there are any words to define you I would say these here are ones to really be proud of. I also know how personal that sentence is to you because no one really knows just how difficult things have been for you and how much you were feeling pushed to quit. You know what it has really taken to get you this far and I hope you are amazed by yourself!

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@jenc I think they all describe you well including quiet and reserved. I’ve always gotten a layed back vibe from you so I’m not that surprised. You are very caring and empathetic, that much I am certain of considering how much you have check-in on me during this past difficult week.

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

My son often hears how courageous he is. He is often called, “Courageous Cullen”. Strong, Fighter, Witty and Intelligent are others, and I agree with them. But I think what Cullen would chose to describe himself most is: Introverted, Patient, Calm, Mature and Persistent.

If he were describe in a sentence using 5 words the way Dawn did I think his transplant doctor nailed it, “A Man Of Few Words”. That is Cullen.

What about me? Thinking about myself I now realize how hard this question can be. What I do know is that I’m: “Loyal, Compassionate, Supportive, Forgiving and Persistent”.

Jen Cueva

Thank you, @colleensteele, I appreciate you and your kindness. Knowing you in this short time, I indeed say persistent, as I know that you have had to be for Cullen. I also think soft-spoken, gentle, and amazing, as well as strong-willed are a few that I think of when I think of you. Supportive, would not be left out!

You are gentle and always kind, no matter what is going on in your life. I love that about Cullen, from what I have heard, I would agree, a man of few words. He is also a hero in my eyes. I bet if you ask him, you would be the hero!

This question is difficult as I continue to think about it, I find some many words that I could use for myself and others. Would anyone say resilient? I think this would most likely describe everyone here.

Carol Volckmann
      Participant

Colleen,

What a great thought provoking question.

Dawn – I love your answer, I need to say those words to myself sometimes.

Jen, you are all it including quiet and reserved, but most of all I hear your passion and hope in every responce! Love you lots for being who you are.

Colleen, no matter what is happening in your world, you are always there with your passion and patience. I agree with Jen. I am sure you are Cullen’s hero.

I am still having a tough time coming up with those 5 little words that mean so much.

I guess I would be comfortable with: persistent, hopeful, optimistic, empathetic and greatful.

Happy 4th everyone!

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

@cdvol3gmail-com how did I overlook the word ‘grateful’? I’m a bit embarrassed that I did because that is a word that describes both me and my son well. I’m so glad to hear that you relate to it as well. It is easier to keep fighting with a thankful heart than a bitter one.

While getting to know you in these forums I would very much agree with the others words you used to describe yourself too. It’s been a pleasure getting to know you and so many of our other members who post regularly.

Thank you for your kind words to me. They made me feel good and I am so “grateful”!

Carol Volckmann
      Participant

Colleen, you are a treasure! And I know you are greatful – you show it in so many ways! It has/is such a pleasure getting to know you – you give so much of yourself! Lots of love to you and your whole family. ♥️

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account