Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Community Events Did You Participate In Any PH Events This Summer?

• Did You Participate In Any PH Events This Summer?

Posted by Colleen on September 3, 2020 at 3:06 pm

We haven’t discussed PH events and fundraising much since all of our lives changed several months ago. However, we have a lot of creative people here and I was wondering if any of you found a way to work around social distancing to support and advocate for PH this summer?

Please share what you have participated in or did individually. November – PH awareness month will be here before we know it so let’s start thinking about ways to promote the month but still stay safe.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • jen-cueva

September 4, 2020 at 10:23 am

I love this topic, @colleensteele. You are right; November will be here before we know it. It is so crazy how fast this year is going despite the lockdowns.

I hate to admit, but I have lacked in PH events except for here and on social media. I was planning to attend the PHA summer Phing awhile back online as I was recognized as a volunteer but missed the time. I am planning to attend the virtual SG meeting next Saturday as my PH doctor is presenting.

I do know that many are getting excited about the 2022 PHA Conference in Atlanta. Is anyone here planning to attend? Honestly, this is a bit far away fro me to plan right now.

I was thinking last night about PH awareness month and wondering what I will do this year.

• Colleen

September 4, 2020 at 4:29 pm

@jenc I think most of us have not done much fundraising and awareness since the epidemic began. I hope everyone counts these forums as something positive they do for themselves and other PH patients. Every time you share your experiences, ask questions and provide support to someone, you exemplify PH awareness! Jen, don’t forget your column too. Your words help so many.

I’m afraid I don’t have plans to travel to Atlanta for the conference, but who knows, maybe that will change by then.

• jen-cueva

September 8, 2020 at 3:12 pm

Thanks, @colleensteele, I appreciate your kind words of encouragement. I doubt that we will make the Atlanta PH Conference but it is still a bit aways, so who knows?

Like you say, our columns and the forums are both ways that we can help others within the PH community. Your words always teach me something new. That and your gentle spirit, always.