• Do Y’all Have Any Plans For Labor Day Weekend?

Posted by jen-cueva on August 27, 2019 at 8:52 am

I understand that it can be complicated to plan ahead for the holidays living with PH. This upcoming weekend is the Labor Day Weekend. Labor Day is on Monday.

Do you have anything fun planned? If so, are you planning to BBQ, go to the beach, picnic, or simply relax at home? It’s all good, I like simple too.

If you want some tips on grilling. I watched this segment on KCLA, in Los Angeles. Anyone else now hungry?

Whatever you’re planning, be safe, plan indoor breaks, stay hydrated and enjoy!

jen-cueva replied 7 months, 3 weeks ago 4 Members · 16 Replies
  • 16 Replies
  • Brittany Foster

August 27, 2019 at 11:57 am

Hi Jen,
    I actually have a VERY busy weekend ahead of me. I am moving from an apartment to a townhouse with my boyfriend. The space is just SO MUCH bigger than where we are now and it’s only the two of us. I feel like we are going to have to just move all the furniture in and just kind of see where things look best and what we need along the way to fill up the house and make it “ours”. Doing something new is always exciting and makes me nervous and anxious at the same time. I also have plans to go to a concert this weekend and my cousin’s wedding is on Sunday. It will be a busy one for sure but hopefully a really fun time filled with lots of family and friends. Really looking forward to it.

• jen-cueva

August 27, 2019 at 5:50 pm

It sounds like an extremely busy but exciting weekend for you. Please try to listen to your body as I don’t want you to overdo it. Especially, with your bronchitis and pneumonia, it’s even more important that you don’t exhaust yourself. I know you know these things.

I’m sure that you have a ton of help to move. I can’t wait to see the pictures when you get stuff settled. It sounds amazing and I know that you and your boyfriend will enjoy it.

What concert are you attending? Definitely, pace yourself, I know, I’m going to stop as I’m sure I’ll start sounding like your mom. Hehe

• Brittany Foster

August 28, 2019 at 12:19 pm

Definitely will be busy for sure! I am getting all the help moving but will try to move the majority of my own clothes. I need to feel like I’m doing SOMETHING so the drawers of clothes and emptying the medication cabinets is all one me haha! Even though I most likely will need help with moving the boxes of clothes packed up the stairs. I will have to show pictures of what it looks like when we are done. Really excited for it even though I know it is going to feel overwhelming with all the space we have at first. Might seem a little empty at first, but hey sometimes that’s a good thing! Give a chance to see what we actually need too. I am one to just keep things that I actually don’t need, especially clothes I am SOOOO bad with that. Things that don’t fit me anymore or something that I’ve probably worn only once in the last few years I still have in my closet. WOOOPS!

• Colleen

August 28, 2019 at 3:07 pm

I’m reading Brittany’s plans and sitting here thinking about how the most exciting thing we have planned is to try making our own cauliflower pizza. LOL! You have an amazing weekend ahead of you! I’m going to say extra prayers that your health cooperates so that you can enjoy it all.

Jen, I forgot the fact that it’s labor day weekend until you mentioned it. My boys have big plans. My “healthy” son’s girlfriend attends Washington State University which is about 6 hours from us. He made plans to visit her this weekend and invited his brother to go with him. I’m really excited for my PH/Transplant Kid. This is his first time going away without me or his dad. He and his brother are going to get a hotel room and stay from Friday to Monday. Now I’m a little nervous about them driving in holiday traffic though.

• Brittany Foster

August 28, 2019 at 3:46 pm

Colleen,
        I’m sure they will have so much fun! I bet that is a great college too. Probably a big weekend for family and friends to visit colleges. It was always like that over the long weekends where I went to school. Especially Columbus day weekend, that was a HUGE weekend where I live and a lot of alumni events were always planned that weekend too.

I’m sure your boys will love every second of their time together! Must be nice to have a good weekend to yourself too with you and your husband! The pizza making sounds like a fun night too! Honestly, I wish I was making pizzas too instead of staying up late when I know I need the rest haha! Let’s keep our fingers crossed for my body ! LOL

• jen-cueva

August 28, 2019 at 4:31 pm

Haha, Colleen, please keep us posted on the cauliflower crust pizza. I haven’t mastered that and have tried a few different recipes.

How exciting for your boys! That’s awesome! Well, except for the fact that now will worry more.

I’m sure that they will do fine. I think that your ” healthy” son sounds like he’s a caring guy. I’m smiling as I type this- as I love to read and see sibling love.

You’ll definitely have to write about your son’s first trip without the parents. They will make some fun memories, I’m sure.

• Daniel

March 19, 2020 at 4:48 am

It’s a shame no one else writes on this subject. It’s great to know how others spend their weekends. Today we’re choosing one of the portable grills for the backyard party tonight. I like to do that sometimes on weekends when there’s no reason or holiday.

I don’t really like holidays, they always oblige me to smile, give gifts or do something, it seems fake to me. If you want to do something nice to a person, do it. Why do you need a reason to do it in the form of a holiday?

• Colleen

March 19, 2020 at 5:11 pm

@daniel-j how was the backyard party? My husband often breaks out our grill for know special reason other than to enjoy the nice weather and allow our boys to have some friends join us for dinner. We can’t do that right now because of the virus but hopefully warmer weather will be healing….I hope!

I hear what you are saying. Whenever we celebrate Christmas I always wonder why people can’t maintain that warm fuzzy feeling year round. We shouldn’t reserve our good cheer just for December.

• jen-cueva

March 19, 2020 at 5:30 pm

Hi @daniel-j, backyard BBQs are so much fun. It is getting time for that here, but we will have to wait. It is always nice to do something like this with friends and family.

@colleensteele, I agree with that 100%. I always say why does it need to be a holiday to celebrate and have fun. I love that warm fuzzy feeling all year, lol.

• Colleen

March 20, 2020 at 3:17 pm

@jenc I read an article that claims some people are putting up their Christmas lights again just to help spread much needed cheer. I’m so tempted but I probably won’t.

• jen-cueva

March 21, 2020 at 2:38 pm

@colleensteele, I saw some images of that. I believe that it was in Michigan. I think it would be awkward here as we have ACC on non-stop it seems. I hope and pray that you are your family stays safe.

• Brittany Foster

March 23, 2020 at 10:37 am

@colleensteele I heard that about the Christmas lights and a project called “chalk your walk” . A lot of the neighborhood kiddos ended up doing it and it was really great to see. They wrote encouraging words or phrases and drew pictures with chalk in their driveway or walkway and then when other kiddos went by they would add to it or write their name to symbolize “we were here”. I really thought it was a great idea to build community !

• Colleen

March 23, 2020 at 5:12 pm

@brittany-foster I heard about the “chalk your walk”. There many clever things people are doing to help each other through these difficult times. I looked at pictures somewhere on social media of a neighborhood BINGO. People set up tables in their driveways and someone walked up and down the street reading the numbers. It looked like fun while still practicing social distancing.

• Brittany Foster

March 24, 2020 at 11:24 am

@colleensteelen neighborhood BINGO would be such a fun idea, as long as people live close enough to each other I guess! It could work for apartment complexes as well. I really hope that people are able to get out as much as possible. Even if it’s just to walk my dog a few times during the day, it still brings me some sanity and sense of “doing something” . I hope for nicer weather soon too. Yesterday it snowed here and I thought to myself, “what else can go wrong !?” It was one of those challenging days when the weather just makes it even more challenging to cope with. Especially not being able to get outside in the fresh air because it was too cold and wet for me.

• jen-cueva

September 1, 2023 at 4:44 pm

With Labor Day approaching, let’s talk about how you usually spend this long weekend – do you carefully plan each moment or go with the flow? Lately, I’ve embraced the “go-with-the-flow” mindset, finding unexpected pleasure in spontaneity.

Here at BioNews, the parent company of PH News, we’re gearing up to take a well-deserved break on Monday. Connect with others, considering that @colleensteele and I will also be off Monday, causing a slight delay in our response time.

No matter what you have in store, unplug for a bit ! Engage in activities that ignite your soul and leave you with a beaming smile. 😀

We wish you all a safe and relaxing Labor Day weekend! Let the adventures begin!