Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Community Events Do you attend PH Walks or Walks for the Lung/Heart Association?

• Do you attend PH Walks or Walks for the Lung/Heart Association?

Posted by brittany-foster on April 25, 2019 at 5:43 pm

June is usually a pretty busy month for walks in my home state of Rhode Island. Usually the American Heart Association walk is held in June near me and this year’s o2 breathe walk for pulmonary hypertension will be in Boston on June 1st!

Do you attend walks for PH or walks for other organizations like the Fight For Air Climb put on by the American Lung Association or walks for the American Heart Association? Do you create your own team? Below is a link to the o2 breathe walk in Boston which is only about an hour and a half from me ! I plan on attending post op if I can!

Event Info
    Saturday, June 1, 2019
    North Point Park, 6 Museum Way, Cambridge, MA 02141

azebraman replied 4 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • kathleen-sheffer

April 26, 2019 at 4:29 pm

I love going to PHA’s O2 Breathe walks, and I’ve fundraised for them in the past. Next Saturday I will be at the Northern California O2 Breathe Walk in San Francisco!

Stanford does their own Race Against PH in the fall and I’ve attended a few times so far. Hope to keep going – it’s always fun to run into other patients and the PH care providers I no longer see in clinic.

I’ve done a 5K with the Adult Congenital Heart Association (ACHA) once before, and I’ll check out the other organizations you mentioned.

Great reminder, Britt – thanks for posting!

• brittany-foster

April 27, 2019 at 5:18 pm

Glad I could remind you of these ! I always love running into my doctors outside of the hospital. it’s like that quote from Mean Girls that says, “I love seeing teachers outside of school, it’s like seeing a dog walk on its hind legs” hahahaha! So true for doctors too. Once I saw my pediatric cardiologist in the mall when I was a child and I ran and hid in the dressing room until she was gone hahahahaha but my mom of course struck up a convo and pulled me out of hiding. Hope that gave you a laugh for the day because you can probably picture this happening, good times LOL

• azebraman

April 27, 2019 at 9:18 pm

The last ALA walk near me was a 200 foot stair climb, so I had to miss it… haha.