Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Side Effects and Symptoms Do You Experience Bloating and Gas With Zoloft?

• Do You Experience Bloating and Gas With Zoloft?

Posted by jen-cueva on August 24, 2020 at 1:35 pm

Hey y’all, as most of you know, I started Zoloft (sertraline) last week. This week the brain fog is better than last week. I am grateful. But, I have had bloating and gas often with this medication. Have you experienced gas and abdominal bloating while taking Zoloft?

Gad and bloating are not fun side effects but is often an unwelcome one with many meds. Let’s talk about this.

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Colleen

August 24, 2020 at 10:10 pm

@jenc I’ve been thinking about this question and starting to wonder if I did have symptoms of gas and bloating when I started Zoloft. I vaguely remember feeling discomfort but at the time I was also having kidney stone attacks so it’s hard to say which caused what.

I’m sorry it’s making you feel this way. Keeping my fingers crossed that the side-effects will ease up on you soon and you will feel the benefits of this medication.

• jen-cueva

August 25, 2020 at 1:53 pm

Ouch, @colleensteele, kidney stones, too! Once I started noticing these side effects, I looked it up, and of course, it was listed. I am sure that with time it will ease up. I have been resting more, so that is positive.

Now, if I could get rid of this “stinky” side effect, hehe. I am thinking others may share their experience as I know several others are taking Zoloft or have in the past.

• Colleen

August 25, 2020 at 2:58 pm

@jenc just once don’t you wish you were prescribed a medication that has little to no side effects? Is there any medications out there like that? I’m sorry it’s causing you grief.

• jen-cueva

August 26, 2020 at 1:19 pm

Yes, @colleensteele, I think that I tend to get the majority of side effects from all of my meds. It is that or I get the rare ones that no one else gets, lol.