Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Side Effects and Symptoms Do You Experience Rib Pain While Eating?

• jen-cueva

April 22, 2021 at 9:42 am

Hi @tammac816, I have experienced similar pain in the past. Mine was due to costochondritis, an inflammation of the lungs. But, this can also be caused by gastritis and many other things. Have you asked your medical team? What did they say?

Because yours is only after eating, I am curious if it is gastritis.

Thanks for starting this new topic, @colleensteele.

• Jill Upshaw

April 22, 2021 at 2:19 pm

I have the same thing and when it starts, I just have to stop eating. Usually on my right side. I have found that if I get up and walk a little or take a hot shower and run hot water on my back, it provides relief.

• Terry

April 22, 2021 at 5:17 pm

Yes,
    I put it down to a side effect of one of the meds.
    Actually feels more like gastritis and heartburn.
    Quite severe when it happens and sometimes I also get up from table and walk around until it subsides.
    In an effort to reduce incidence I now eat small pieces slowly ,chew well and don’t talk with food in mouth .

• jen-cueva

April 23, 2021 at 6:18 pm

Hi, @upshtcx thanks for sharing your experience.

Thanks, @terry. I like your tips on this. Also, if you drink with straws, that increases the air in our bellies and can cause a bloating feeling that adds extra pressure.

@tammac816, I hope that you get some relief soon.

• Jill Upshaw

April 23, 2021 at 6:37 pm

Jen, I hope you are continuing to get stronger. It really does take a long time.