• Do You Get Grants For Medications?

Posted by Brittany Foster on December 18, 2018 at 2:28 pm

Recently, one of our members asked a question about grants for medications. As we know, medications can be extremely expensive. It is a sad truth that the medications that are literally saving our life can be so difficult to afford.

One of our members posted: “I have having a real hard time getting a grant for my Tracleer medicine (if anyone takes that). I used to use Caring Voice before they discontinued it. I am trying every day to find some place that would give me a grant. Is anyone having this problem and, if so, what are you doing? I call places every day and nothing is open and I cannot afford the medicine by myself. Your comments are appreciated.”

Do you have suggestions on how to get help paying for medications or what this member can do for a grant? @margie-novak would really appreciate all of your feedback and I’m sure there are others on here who could use these recommendations too.

Brittany Foster replied 5 years, 4 months ago 4 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Sue Starr

December 20, 2018 at 10:20 am

My partner is also on Tracleer. The manufacturer offers a co-pay card so, if qualified, your co-pay is $5.00. It is called Actelion Pathways just 1-866-228-3546 to see if you qualify for their assistance.

• Brittany Foster

December 20, 2018 at 12:23 pm

Thank you so much for this information Sue ! I hope it can help our member @margie-novak ! This is a good recourse !

• Margie Novak

December 20, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Thank you Sue Starr.. Will call them and I pray that they can offer me some assistance. I hope I am not too late. Have a Merry Christmas!!!! margie

• Brittany Foster

December 20, 2018 at 6:04 pm

Keep us posted on how it goes Margie and what you hear ! Hope you have a Merry Christmas too!

• Vanessa Vaile

December 24, 2018 at 3:15 pm

Actelion Pathways website link

• Brittany Foster

December 28, 2018 at 1:48 pm

So helpful! Thank you for taking the time to find the link. I hope it can be helpful. Have you applied through them? Do you have good experiences with them?