Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health Do You Have Experience With Prozac?

Tagged: , ,

• Do You Have Experience With Prozac?

Posted by jen-cueva on March 3, 2021 at 3:22 pm

Many of you know that I was on Zoloft for my anxiety and focus. I stopped that because it was not working well with my anti-spasm medication at night. This week, my physiatrist, NP, started me on Prozac 10 mg each morning. She thinks that it will help my anxiety and focus while being more alert. She will probably titrate it as we see how I do after 4 weeks.

Do any of you have experience taking Prozac? Does it or did it work well for you? Let’s talk about this.

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 9 months ago 4 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Colleen

March 26, 2021 at 3:06 pm

I’m bringing this topic to the top again. In addition to @jenc question, @carol asked in another sub-forum if any of our members has been prescribe something to help their nerves. If you feel comfortable sharing, tell us what you are taking and if it has helped you or not.

I personally take zoloft and asked last year for a dosage increase because the lower dose wasn’t helping enough. I use to take Prozac but had to switch because it wasn’t good for my long QT syndrome.

• sandra-greenberg

June 30, 2021 at 5:04 pm

I was recently placed on Buspirone for my depression and told that an SSRI medication is not good for PAH. I feel Buspirone is doing nothing. Prior to PAH I took Zoloft but was told that it is an SSRI. I think they classify Buspirone as an SNRI. I’d love a topic on depression drugs successfully treating PAH patients. PAH is scary and I think fear and depression have to be common.

• sandra-guajardo

July 1, 2021 at 3:12 pm

Hello, I suffer from anxiety and OCD since I was in college back in the early 90’s.  I took Zoloft for a couple of years.  For the past 10 years, I’ve been taking Paroxetine (generic for Paxil).  I started on 5mg and titrated to 10mg.  This past year, I needed to increase the dosage to 20mg.  It’s been working great and helps the anxiety and repetitive thinking!  I haven’t tried Prozac.  I told my pulmonologist of my need for Paxil and she said it was fine with the other medications for severe PAH (Veletri, Opsumit, Tadalafil, Digoxin, and Spironolactone).  I think with antidepressants and anxiety medication sometimes it’s a trial and error of seeing what works best for you.

• jen-cueva

July 1, 2021 at 3:43 pm

Hi @sandra-guajardoutrgv-edu, thank you for sharing your experiences. You are right; it is a trial and error as we are all different.

I am now only on my Ativan as needed for my anxiety. The doctors were changing my meds too often to see if is effective, so I fired them, LOL.

That is awesome that Paxil has worked for you for 10 years! I hope that you continue to respond well to it.

I have a feeling that next month at the neurology appointment, they may try something else. I will wait and see.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.