Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups PH and Co-Existing Conditions Do You Have PH and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

• Do You Have PH and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome

Posted by Colleen on August 28, 2020 at 12:57 pm

Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, from what I read, is a group of inherited disorders that affect your connective tissues — primarily your skin, joints and blood vessel walls.

We have a new member to our forums who is battling both PH and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Do you have PH and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome too? It helps when we can share similar experiences. Tell us about your battle with both conditions and how you manage them together.

Colleen replied 3 years ago 5 Members · 7 Replies
  • 7 Replies
  • jen-cueva

August 31, 2020 at 9:31 am

Yes, great question, @colleensteele. I have yet to hear from anyone who has PH and EDS. But, we do have a few columnists who write for EDS and a website at BioNews. I am sharing that link here so maybe others can learn from the information there, too.

Ehlers-Danlos News

• Colleen

August 31, 2020 at 1:03 pm

Oh, good catch @jenc! You just inspired a new topic about forums for co-existing rare disease.

• jen-cueva

September 1, 2020 at 2:40 pm

Yes, I love that you created a new topic. I have now heard of a few members here who may benefit from other communities, too. Not all have forums, but columns and information that may be helpful.

• sheryll-w-hall

September 1, 2020 at 5:07 pm

Colleen I’m Sheryll Hall Don’t know how to get on to PH it they send me emails!(I’m not on Facebook) yes I have Ehlers Danlos type 3 very loose joints and I as of Jan 2020 have all 4 heart valves leaking,all mild except mitral which is moderate.Echo also showed mild pulmonary hypertension. My heart dr.says nothing to worry about! His going to do another Echo in Jan. Forgive my typing.

• jerri-modrall

September 2, 2020 at 12:16 pm

Thanks, Jen, for putting this in—I think it might be because of my post.——It is so nice to know people care.
    Jerri

• ram

March 26, 2021 at 6:02 pm

I have PH, hEDS, asthma, Raynauds, hypothyroidism, lymphedema, many allergies, psoriasis, and I likely left something out. I am happy to be here, although I wish I had no reason to be.

• Colleen

March 29, 2021 at 2:27 pm

@ram27 I wish none of us had a reason to be here but we are and it’s a great group of people here. I think you will be happy with the compassion and information shared on a daily basis.