Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Community Events Do you know of any programs in which you can donate to PH by shopping this holid

• Do you know of any programs in which you can donate to PH by shopping this holid

Posted by Colleen on September 18, 2023 at 6:51 pm

An easy way to donate to PH every holiday was to purchase gifts using AmazonSmile. I am disappointed that this is no longer an option.

Since 2013, when you shopped at smile.amazon.com, Amazon would donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to a charity of the shopper’s choice. According to an article on NPR, this Amazon program has donated over $400 million to U.S. charities and more than $449 million globally, but in February of this year, they ended the program.

Do you know of any similar programs where you can donate to your favorite charity by shopping?

Colleen replied 7 months, 1 week ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jen-cueva

September 22, 2023 at 2:43 pm

Hi @Colleen Steele. Yes, I, too, have used Amazon Smiles while shopping online. I didn’t know this option was no longer active. That tells you how often I shop on Amazon. Manny does most of our Amazon shopping. I occasionally order from it, but not as often as he does. Hehe

PHA has a “Round-ups” option on its Donation and Giving page. It works like Amazon Smile. You can add a card you use to do your holiday or all shopping, which will round up like the program with Amazon did. It’s a bit hidden, but I called PHA, and they helped me locate it. I signed up, and it has a nice feature that you can cap the amount. For instance, mine will only cost $50 unless I change it again.

I’ll share a tip: the box that says Donate. You scroll over where it says -time monthly, and Round-Ups will be after that. You complete the info with a card you use the most and select a capped amount, starting at $10. The link to the page is below. Hopefully, others will learn about this option. It’s new to new.

https://phassociation.org/donate/

• Colleen

September 26, 2023 at 12:36 am

@Jen C I wasn’t aware of “Round-Ups”. Thank you so much for looking into and sharing that information!

I hate to admit that I often would forget about using Amazon Smiles. I would remember at Christmas but sometimes neglect to use it throughout the year. Brian was really good at using it. He was not well since the beginning of the year so he might not have been aware that the program was discontinued.

So glad I brought this up because I really didn’t think there was another option similar to it. Thanks again, Jen!