• Do You Struggle To Find Transportation To Appointments?

Posted by Colleen on August 4, 2020 at 2:21 pm

My son has a new (used) car that is having issues and our family car is unreliable. At the moment both are not working and my son has been getting rides from friends. I rented a car and called an Uber a few times to get Cullen to appointments. It is becoming a big issue that we are trying to resolve but money and time are an issue. Public transportation is not an option for us because of the Covid concern. Taking an uber is risk enough.

Have you experienced transportation struggles when trying to get to appointments? How have you dealt with them?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • jen-cueva

August 5, 2020 at 11:01 am

I feel so bad about Aidan’s car troubles, poor guy. This has been a topic at my house, too because of my driving restrictions. I mentioned having my neighbor take me to an appointment last week and Manny reminded me that she is in and out of homes as she cleans them. So, I suggest Uber then think no, that is not safe either right now with COVID concerns.

I am wondering how those who do use public transportation are faring. One of my PHriends in SoCal uses the bus to get everywhere and she had said on Monday it is getting back to normal there. I would not use public transportation for a while. But, if she feels safe, that is her choice.

• Colleen

August 5, 2020 at 12:39 pm

@jenc I had never taken an Uber until recently. I’ve used one two times last week. My experience both times was very positive. The driver wore a mask and so did we. Both vehicles were immaculate and I had the impression they were cleaned after each customer. Still, I wouldn’t take one unless it was really necessary, and it was.

• Colleen

August 5, 2020 at 12:41 pm

@jenc I want to add my opinion about taxi’s. Maybe yours are better where you live but I checked reviews when deciding between a taxi or Uber. The taxi reviews were not good. It didn’t sound like they were following guidelines as well and people were having problems with them not showing up or arriving late. I felt better taking an Uber.

• jen-cueva

August 5, 2020 at 3:09 pm

@colleensteele, no taxis much here anyway since I am in the “burbs.” I, too, would think Uber would be safest. Because my daughter has been traveling, I cannot be around her again for some time. So that is no fun and driving me nuts. We will see her eventually., I am hoping for another week or so.

We do Facetime, etc.

I have only taken an Uber once, and it was last year to go to my daughter’s house while she was working, so she did not have to fight the traffic after work, hehe. I felt strange. My daughter said she would track me like her.
    “pizza,” hehe. I told her I should be a bit more precious that pizza, hehe.