Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Side Effects and Symptoms Do You Struggle With Temperature Regulation? How Do You Manage It?

• Do You Struggle With Temperature Regulation? How Do You Manage It?

Posted by brittany-foster on September 19, 2019 at 12:45 pm

As the weather starts to get a little cooler, I start thinking about the difficulty I have with temperature regulation. I feel like my body just goes from one extreme to the other. I am either too hot (which mostly happens when I am sweating in the middle of the night) or freezing cold (the majority of the day).

Even when it is warm out, I am always a little chilly and need to have an extra sweatshirt nearby. When it starts getting cooler it is as if I can’t warm myself up no matter how many layers I am wearing. This makes it harder for me to do things outdoors and be comfortable while doing them. I shiver, my lips turn blue and my extremities get blue easily too when my body isn’t warm enough.

Do you have trouble regulating your temperature? Do you have more of a problem with it being too cold or too warm? What do you do to try to help with this or what tips would you have for others struggling to find a good balance?

brittany-foster replied 4 years, 5 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • coastalphriends

October 11, 2019 at 5:47 pm

Once mild congestive heart failure came into my IPAH, I was unable to control my core temps in regards to heat. I got a walker shortly after that at barely 50 years old and in decent shape, because the heat was so draining! I travel with portable phone chargers and minizfans everywhere I go in heat climes! I also use a “water-shirt” where I wet it, to help keep me cool with the fans!

• brittany-foster

October 14, 2019 at 8:37 am

Tamara,
      I have been recently having the sweating too. Mostly it happens at random times through the day where my face just turns really red and I can feel my face and cheeks being really warm to touch. I don’t exactly sweat when it gets like that but I do feel myself being really flushed easily. This started happening when I was in high school but I never really knew why. Lately it has been more with sweating in my sleep and I’m wondering if others have trouble at night with sweating in their sleep and what it is caused by for them?

• kimberly

October 14, 2019 at 8:35 am

I have recently begun having problems with temp regulations. I use to hardly sweat at all now I’m sweating through my shirts daily sometimes 3x a day. It’s crazy 😜. I’m looking forward to cooler weather. I’m freezing everyone in my house out. I’m in T’s and shorts their in hoodies with quilts on their laps. 😆

• brittany-foster

October 14, 2019 at 8:39 am

Kimberly,
      I completely get it. I was just talking with my doctor last week about how I’m literally sweating through the shirts that I wear at night to the point where I either have to sleep with just a sports bra on or I have to change my shirt a couple times some nights! Forget about wearing any pants at night! I just wear some good ole boxers or underwear LOL.