Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Diet and Nutrition Do You Tend to Crave Different Foods as the Weather Changes?

• Do You Tend to Crave Different Foods as the Weather Changes?

Posted by jen-cueva on May 7, 2020 at 1:38 pm

I tend to crave certain foods as the temperature rises, do you?

Here on the Texas Gulf Coast, temperatures have risen fast. I am grateful to be outdoors more and enjoy the sunny days. The lower humidity helps, too, with my breathing.

I tend to crave more fresh fruits and veggies. I love fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, and watermelon. That is just a few. I could live mostly on a diet of fresh fruits and veggies, it seems. Do you tend to crave different foods as the weather warms up? If so, what are some of your favorites?

I have to be careful with watermelon, melons in general, because of the extra fluid. Just as a PH patient, keep this in mind if that is a favorite of yours, too.

jen-cueva replied 4 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

May 7, 2020 at 4:49 pm

@jenc like you, Cullen loves his watermelon but personally I look forward to peach season every year. That and blueberries which I like to mix into cottage cheese. This isn’t really a food but my guys love freezer pops. They go through boxes of them every summer. Those always make me think of warmer weather and relaxing days.

• jen-cueva

May 8, 2020 at 1:24 pm

@colleensteele, this reminded me when I was younger, I remember the push pops, Hehe. I also tend to crave snowcones. I already had one this year. Margarita flavor with sour spray is my favorite now.

I love nice juicy peaches too. My mom has fresh blueberries and usually brings me some. I love those just to eat them or in a cobbler.

Is the weather warming up there too?