• Does fluid retention impact your self esteem?

Posted by Brittany Foster on May 3, 2018 at 10:15 am

The warmer days are fast approaching. For me, I looked forward to warmer days throughout my whole life so far. Having a diagnosis of PH and experiencing more symptoms during the warmer months has changed that a bit for me. One of the first symptoms I get in the warmer weather is more shortness of breath and the dreaded fluid retention. I have been given a diuretic to help with extra fluid.

It feels like a hit to my self esteem when I notice extra fluid in my hands, ankles and legs, and (most annoying of all) my stomach. It can be especially hard to battle feelings of low self esteem when wearing minimum clothing to keep cool in the heat.

I have been given a diuretic and try my best to follow my fluid intake even though I feel like I need more water than allowed when it gets hot out. It is hard for me to stay away from the sun because this is something that I really enjoy.

What are some ways you manage fluid retention? Does the warmer weather impact fluid retention for you? Do you deal with lower self esteem because of this noticeable puffiness?

Brittany Foster replied 5 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.