Tagged: 

• Aunt Lizzie

February 4, 2020 at 9:47 pm

Hi Everyone – I have been having trouble with a ‘tickly’ dry cough for ages. A sip of water would stop it, then, I developed oral thrush and had Fungilin (amphotericin) prescribed for the thrush. Guess what? The cough’s gone. The thrush was probably caused by a steroid inhaler which I hate and do not believe does anything for me. I always rinsed well after using it, but still succumbed. Just thought I’d mention this as a possibility. As to remedies for coughing fits that just won’t stop – don’t know if you have these in North America, but has anyone tried “Fishermen’s Friend” lozenges – vile things but they really work. Stay well – kof kof

• Brittany Foster

February 5, 2020 at 8:53 am

@nancy-mcsweeney that’s definitely one of the great things about the forums is that you can find so many others with similar symptoms and side effects. Even if the doctors don’t necessarily always have an explanation for what may be going on, at least there is some comfort in knowing that others are going through the same things too (as much as we don’t want to see others hurting too). But it has definitely opened my eyes up to how similar we all are even if our reason for diagnosis or underlying conditions are different.

• Carol alexander

February 5, 2020 at 8:53 am

Yes yes yes I cough sometimes it’s dry and most of the time it’s because of mucus.i drink a lot of water sometimes it helps also mints will help.

• Brittany Foster

February 5, 2020 at 8:54 am

@carol-alexander I find that the mints help too. Especially if there is a lot of congestion and mucus like you said ! The stronger the mint the more it clears out those sinuses. That and hot sauce too or something spicy!

• Jennifer Foster

February 5, 2020 at 3:29 pm

The croup did clear up with some medication and treatments. Seemed like as she hit a certain age it went away . But for the last 8 years or so she had more of symptoms. But when she was coughing as a baby it was prior to her heart surgery to repair VSD

• Aunt Lizzie

February 5, 2020 at 10:06 pm

Colleen, I just checked my packet of Fisherman’s Friend cough lozenges and find they’re made in England. I buy them at Pharmacies in Australia. Their website is http://www.fishermansfriend.com. The main ingredients are liquorice, menthol and eucalyptus. Could be helpful if you are able to get them somewhere or on-line. Cheers.

Page 2 of 2