• Does Your State Offer a Critical Care Form?

Posted by jen-cueva on February 24, 2021 at 1:27 pm

I thought that we had discussed this before, but I could not find that post. But the power outages last week made me realize not all are aware of a critical care form or similar in their area. I have had one for years. My doctor has to complete a new one each year. Mine is almost due, it is through the Public Utility of Texas, but I receive mine from Reliant.

When we lived in Southern California years ago, they did not have this but offered a discount for those on oxygen and other life-sustaining devices.

I did find this one for New Jersey, too.

ComEd, which services Illinois, and maybe other locations have this one on file.

I am certain that most states or utility companies offer something similar. Are you aware of any CCF in your area? If so, are you registered?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

February 24, 2021 at 4:31 pm

@jenc I wasn’t aware of an actual form that some areas apparently offer. I don’t know if WA has one. We gave our company a letter explaining Cullen’s health issues. To be honest, I was always skeptical how much they paid attention to it. I remember two times when I called them before a big storm hit just to remind them of that we have a child with a serious medical condition. We have been fortunate that we have never gone longer than a day without power.

• jen-cueva

February 25, 2021 at 10:21 am

Hi @colleensteele, I am grateful that you could offer a letter of medical necessity for Cullen. I think that works in most areas that do not have a specific CC form.

I think it does help, but last week’s event, they had no control over who comes back on because of the weather and demand. When I called and spoke with them, they gave me updates and mentioned that I had a current CC form, but a new none is needed soon. I printed it out so I can take it next week to my PCP appointment. It needs to be signed and faxed from their office.

Does anyone in WA state know if something similar exists? If so, share here.