Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Our Community Upcoming Procedures Feeding Tube Replacement coming up

• Feeding Tube Replacement coming up

Posted by brittany-foster on October 30, 2019 at 9:53 am

As many of you know, I ended up in the hospital, unable to even make it into the Patriots game. I went into a hypothermic shock, had low oxygen levels, and while in the hospital I had a seizure. It was so hard to just get myself to come back from it. After hours of warming blankets and trying to get me to a restored level, I started to feel more responsive and more like myself. It was decided that I need better nutrition somehow. One of the ways that I am getting nutrition is through a j tube in my stomach. The size of it has been causing me a lot of pain so it is going to be replace with one that is smaller and more like a button and flatter to the skin. They have to special order a child size for me but I am trying to remain confident that this will help with the pain and give me the nutrition and the stamina that I need to keep up with my daily life.

Colleen replied 4 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Colleen

October 30, 2019 at 2:59 pm

Brittany,
    I am praying that the smaller tube will be more comfortable for you but work it’s magic! I’ve told my mom about you and she is keeping you in her prayers too.

I didn’t know you didn’t even make it into the game. Did they have to take you by ambulance? I can’t imagine how frightening it must have been. Thank God you are ok and found the strength to come out of the event.

I’m glad they thought of ordering the child size for you. That sounds like a better match for you. How soon do you think it will be available?

• brittany-foster

October 30, 2019 at 4:13 pm

Colleen,
      They just came into my room and I am on the OR schedule for tomorrow afternoon so hoping all goes well with that. Just nervous and want this to be the last thing for awhile and I really hope that it allows me to have some of my strength back! I will be sure to keep everyone posted beforehand too.

• Colleen

October 31, 2019 at 12:47 pm

Brittany,
        I am hopeful for you that this will do the trick. I’m glad you have been facetiming with your boyfriend and dog. They will be so happy to have you home and I am praying that happens soon.

Wishing you a smooth recovery and a return of your strength.