Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups PH and Co-Existing Conditions Fertility/Reproductive System Struggles and PH

• Fertility/Reproductive System Struggles and PH

Posted by Brittany Foster on August 14, 2019 at 9:17 am

I am not sure if it is related or not, but I struggled with fertility my whole life and was deemed “infertile” at age 18 when I had to have my fallopian tubes removed as well as both of my ovaries removed at age 20 and 27. My reproductive system never quite functioned the way it was supposed to.

I stopped getting my periods when I was 18 with no other explanation other than my ovaries were not functioning for an unknown reason. I had very low estrogen for most of my life with occasional surges of estrogen that would leave me feeling moody. For awhile it felt like I just couldn’t get a handle on my hormones to reach a level of “normalcy”.

After getting my tubes and ovaries out I have had to rely on a low dose of an estrogen patch to protect my bone health as well as having an IUD inserted to get progesterone and help lower the higher risk of uterine cancer.

Wondering if any other females had struggles with their reproductive system including things like endometriosis, infertility, ovarian cysts, hormone imbalances, etc?

Brittany Foster replied 4 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.