Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health Has anyone , particularly caregivers made you feel like a burden?

• Has anyone , particularly caregivers made you feel like a burden?

Posted by jen-cueva on April 15, 2020 at 6:01 pm

I read a story yesterday about a young adult with PH and Lupus who shared about how her caregivers made her feel like a burden. This broke my heart and angered me. The worst part was that the caregivers she was referring to were her parents.

This young woman was diagnosed in her teens. She was talking about how her parents made her feel like a burden. The biggest reason that hs mentioned was money. Now, I will be the first to admit that PH and a chronic condition can be a financial burden on a family. That being said, I have never been told by my hubby how hard this is. I am the one who feels guilty for being so “costly.”I cannot imagine how this made her feel, now a young adult, and living on her own. She resents her family nad no longer speaks to them. All because of money and things that were said to her directly for years about her being the reason that her parents did without. I hope that time will heal this family.

Have any of you been made to feel like a burden by your caregivers? Caregivers, do you think that anything that you have ever said anything like this that would make your loved ones feel like a burden?

jen-cueva replied 3 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.