Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges ​Dating and Relationships Has PH Made You Lose Faith That You Will Find That Perfect Someone?

• Has PH Made You Lose Faith That You Will Find That Perfect Someone?

Posted by Colleen on March 8, 2022 at 6:14 pm

@pmam2009 is a new member to the forums. He and his wife both have PH. How they met, became friends, fell in love and got married is a beautiful story. They were kind enough to allow me to interview them and share there story in my column.

If you are newly diagnosed, looking to become more active in the PH community or need to hear about a real-life PH love story, then you will want to read this.

If you are a single PH patient, what are your hopes and concerns about dating and possibly falling in love with someone? Do you see marriage in your future? Why or why not?

Here is a link to the column about Perry and Susie:
    California Couple Shares Their PHenomenal Love Story

Colleen replied 2 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • jen-cueva

March 9, 2022 at 2:55 pm

Hi @colleensteele, Perry, and Susie are such a lovely couple. I can’t imagine how challenging this may be at times. But then again, they know and understand so much that the other is going through with PH.

Another PHriend I did a story on for our first year for 30 Days of PH is dating a PHriend. They are the two couples I know of who have met in the PH community and started a relationship. Who would have ever guessed? Love comes when we least expect it.

I hope that Perry and Susie’s love story will inspire others who are single with PH. Beautiful job, Colleen!

• Colleen

March 9, 2022 at 3:04 pm

@jenc they are a very special couple – long-term PH survivors who also happen to be married. I’m sure their story inspires many.

I will have to go back and read that “30 Days” story. I thought I read them all but I may have missed that one.