Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jen Cueva

We have a new member, @azad, who has a teen son who had a POTTS shunt performed. I know another adult locally who had this procedure done in St. Louis a few years ago. For those of you who remember the term “blue babies” from years ago, this is actually an old procedure. I also heard from a local parent that it was quite difficult to locate a doctor specializing in cases like this when a child has severe PH.

Check out the link to find out more if you are interested. It is quite long, but I wanted some good information if some want to read up about this.

POTTS shunt

@azad, how long ago did your son have his POTTS shunt and where? I read that you are still concerned about his RV function. This should improve over time after this procedure. What has his surgeon said about this?

Has anyone else had a child go through this? Has discussion about a POTTS shunt been brought up by any f your child’s doctors? Please share any thoughts on this.

Md. Abul Kalam Azad
      Participant

He undergone Potts Shunt in 2015. After Potts Shunt his RV become functioning. But few moths back it became again dysfunction. His Potts shunt de at Narayana, Bangalore, India.

Jen Cueva

Thanks for sharing, @azad. What has his surgical team said about the dysfunction? I am grateful that it sounds like it helped for about 5 years until this appeared to be an issue again?

Md. Abul Kalam Azad
      Participant

His surgical team said this will work long time if his PH is controlled.

Colleen Steele
      Keymaster

I shared in our “Awareness and Advocacy” forum a PH Mom’s story for “30 Days of PH” about her daughter who had the Potts Shunt procedure. Would anyone like to revisit this topic? If so share you questions and experience.

Have any of our adult members had this procedure or discussed it with their doctor?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Copyright © 2017-2020 All rights reserved.

©2020 KLEO Template a premium and multipurpose theme from Seventh Queen

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account