Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups Pediatric PH Has Your Child Had A Wish Granted

Tagged: 

• Stephanie

September 30, 2020 at 1:02 pm

Zakki had his Make a Wish granted in 1999 at five years old. He had been in the hospital month after month and his lungs were massively hemorrhaging (2500 ml blood) month after month. He also had three heart surgeries during that time. We had scheduled and rescheduled multiple times. We stayed at Give Kids the World and did Disney Parks very low key. It was a frightening time but much needed break. They didn’t think Zakki would survive that year but here we are 20+ years later, lungs still hemorrhaging and 27 surgeries later, 16 in his heart. We don’t travel much anymore, his Doctors prefer for him to stay within 6 miles of CHOP when his heart and lungs are mischief makers. We absolutely don’t travel to areas and hospitals that cannot support him in a life threatening situation.

• Colleen

September 30, 2020 at 5:45 pm

Make-A-Wish takes such good care of their wish makers. I’m so glad that Zakki and your family were able to enjoy the experience. I’m sure even low-keyed was still very special and much needed. We had to reschedule Cullen’s once. He was very sick and his doctor thought it would be best if we waiting until he received his central line and start Flolan. He was right. My son enjoyed his wish more because we waited until he was more stable.

Zakki is quite the survivor. You must be so proud of him! I’m familiar with CHOP and know that he is in excellent hands there.

• jen-cueva

October 1, 2020 at 11:24 am

Hi @zsmom, I am grateful that Zakki and your family were granted a wish for the Make-A-Wish foundation. They do so many posi=tve things for the sickest kids. It is amazing to watch these brave little ones be able to enjoy something, even while fighting some of their toughest battles.

Wow, such a fighter he is, and I know that has been a team effort for over 20 years! Thanks for sharing your experience.