Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums COVID-19 and PH Has Your Diet Changed Since Lockdown?

• Has Your Diet Changed Since Lockdown?

Posted by Colleen on April 6, 2020 at 4:09 pm

My diet has changed 3 times since the first week of lockdown. At first I maintained my normal schedule and habits (both the good and the bad) but then I gradually started eating more out of boredom. Now I find myself eating less because I’m bored of eating.

At first I continued buying fresh fruits and vegetables but as time passed I started feeling a little more concerned about doing that. Even after a good washing I still felt nervous about how many hands had touched the food before it got to me. Now I’m buying frozen or canned fruits and vegetables.

I’ve also been making more comfort foods than usual. Last night I make Hamburger Helper stroganoff. That might sound awful to some but my kids, especially Cullen, loves it. I don’t know why, but they do. My husband even made homemade stoganoff a few weeks ago but Cullen still prefer the Helper kind. I’ve been giving in a lot more to what my family will enjoy more so than what is good for them.

Can anyone else relate? How has your diet changed since lockdown?

jen-cueva replied 4 years ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • jen-cueva

April 6, 2020 at 7:10 pm

Too funny, @colleensteele, I have found it challenging to eat the healthier foods that we usually eat. One issue is that I typically do most of the grocery shopping. Hubby likes to buy junk. For example, we have a family-size bag of Doritos. He purchased those at Costco, and we have had them for weeks. Thankfully, we have only had them one night, as I crushed a little on top of our taco salad bowls. Then one-day last week, I grabbed a handful out to munch on.

I miss my fresh fruits and veggies. I also have found that I have not felt up to cooking much. Making brownies yesterday did not help.- Hehe

I can certainly understand giving into the boys and having Hamburger Helper. You are lucky to find any but glad you did, and Cullen enjoyed it. I find that I want to make comfort food, like casseroles and baked goods. But like you, I am getting bored with eating. What is important is that y’all can enjoy food and each other.