Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Treatments and Therapies Have You Completed Your Copay Assistance Forms for 2022?

• Have You Completed Your Copay Assistance Forms for 2022?

Posted by jen-cueva on December 28, 2021 at 1:21 pm

We are now looking at the final few days of the year. This means that any copay assistance forms you are enrolled in most likely will need to be renewed for 2022. Have you completed the necessary paperwork that goes along with these forms?

If you’re working for a large PH Center, your PH nurse may be the one who completed most of the forms. But many, if not all, include a small patient portion that patients must complete and sign. This portion with proof of income is necessary by most copay assistant programs.

Your specialty pharmacy, like, Accredo, can be beneficial in keeping these up to date, too.

Have you completed the necessary forms for your copay assistant programs for 2022? If not, how can we help?

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Carol Volckmann

December 28, 2021 at 5:12 pm

Every year as the end of the year approaches the anxiety level goes up – will the copay assistance fund be able to reenroll me for the next year. Dec 1st arrives, I have set the alarm to go off at 5:45 AM so I will start calling and emailing/text the plan at 6AM sharp (9:AM East Coast time). I am one device while my husband is on another. We finally get through and apply for the new year. Just received confirmation last week that I was approved!!!!

It is a scary situation every year. If I was unable to get copay assistance, which medication would I have to give up – then what? I would look for another fund, look to see if the drug manufacturer would help, reach out to PHA to see if they could help find funding.

It is scary. But, I do know whatever the outcome, I would deal with it.

• jen-cueva

December 29, 2021 at 11:29 am

Well said, my PHriend, @cdvol3gmail-com. Each year, I usually have a note that I need to reapply at the end of November. Currently, two of my medications are part of a copay assistance plan.

This year, with the move, they mailed it to my old address, even after I called and updated it in November. But, I had my portion that I could download on the computer and fax in. I had my PH nurse do their portion, and I did the patient portion.

It was later than usual, so I was still waiting. But, like you, my anxiety level peaks until I hear that I am approved. Thankfully, for all wondering, Accredo will usually send a backup bottle out to prevent any lapses in coverage and missing medications.

I’m so happy to hear that you heard back and were approved, Carol. I know we must do it, but too bad it isn’t a one-and-done thing, right?

Does anyone else have anything to add from your experiences with these copay assistance renewals?

• jen-cueva

February 1, 2022 at 2:31 pm

I’m grateful to report that I finally heard back, and my copay assistance was approved for another year. Whew- that day is always something to celebrate. I did just that- I enjoyed a nice glass of white wine.

Has anyone else heard back from their copay assistance funds? I know several non-profits shut down due to no donations. But a few recently opened back up last week, some PHriends reported.