Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums PH Care and Treatment Side Effects and Symptoms Have you experienced an increase in symptoms going through menopause ?

• Have you experienced an increase in symptoms going through menopause ?

Posted by brittany-foster on August 3, 2018 at 5:29 pm

This question would be directed to the ladies of the group. How many of you have been through menopause or have been given medication that stops ovulation and puts your body into a medically induced menopause?

I am wondering because, I have been told that I am unable to receive the surgery I was going to get to remove my remaining ovary. Removing the ovary was the only way to cure that cysts that have been on my ovary and the only way to stop the pain I have been in. The placement of the ovary is in scar tissue so, you can imagine the pain I feel when it adheres to it and traps it. Unfortunately, my medical team and PH team have deemed the surgery too high risk since there are other options like dealing with pain by taking medications and giving an injection that puts my body into menopause.

I am concerned that I will be experiencing symptoms with the lack of estrogen because when I am low on estrogen through points in my cycle, my shortness of breath and fatigue is way worse. I am concerned that this will be a problem with my oxygen levels and breathing.

If you have gone through menopause, have you noticed a difference in your breathing or symptoms with menopause? If you have been on medications that stop the ovary from ovulating, have you noticed any changes in symptoms? What have you done to manage this?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated ! I am planning on getting the injection within the next week or so, as soon as it comes into the pharmacy.

brittany-foster replied 5 years, 8 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.