Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Support Groups PH and Co-Existing Conditions Have you experienced atelectasis since your PH diagnosis?

• Have you experienced atelectasis since your PH diagnosis?

Posted by jen-cueva on May 24, 2023 at 11:42 am

On a recent Emergency Room (ER) visit, my chest x-ray showed atelectasis in the left lobe. Despite my complaints of chest pain, I was frustrated as this issue went unaddressed during my stay.

I’m awaiting a return call from my PH team as I type for his advice.

Have you or your loved one experienced atelectasis? Please share your experiences and tips for managing.

jen-cueva replied 10 months, 3 weeks ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Colleen

May 25, 2023 at 9:11 pm

Oh my @jenc we really do need to catch up! I had to look up Atelectasis. Is it related to or caused by a pneumothorax? I hate hearing that you have been having chest pains. My dear, you need answers! I hope you get them soon!

• jen-cueva

May 26, 2023 at 1:09 pm

Hey, @colleensteele; I appreciate your concern. This week it’s some better. I can laugh without it hurting and breathe.

I thought that my recent URI with bronchitis and COVID was part of where mine originated from.

It’s been an adventurous month or so. But I’m grateful to head finally in the right direction. The pain is improved, still here, but not as intense and not 24/7.

Your love and support are always greatly appreciated, Colleen.

• Carol Volckmann

June 2, 2023 at 9:45 am

Sweet Jen, you certainly have your hands full. It makes me angry your team did not catch this while you were in the hospital and having symptoms.

I have not heard about Atelectasis. I do hope your team is on top of this now and that you are able to get some relief. You made me smile when you said you can now laugh without pain.

Wishing you positive outcomes very very soon sent with love ❤️ and hugs. Please keep us posted.💞

• jen-cueva

June 2, 2023 at 12:42 pm

Hi @cdvol3gmail-com, thanks for your loving words of encouragement. I am grateful that Dr. Channick was headed to a conference the day after when I found this, and he called me and took care of this. He’s the best!

I am feeling much better today, with less pain, it’s more dull now, but treatment is done. I follow up with him on Monday afternoon.

For now, I am going to enjoy the kiddos, and sure they will make it, so I take it slow. Both KK and SNL are excellent helpers and so not needy. But yep, this mom always wants to “do it all” for them.

Love and hugs are headed to you as you return home, sweet home.

• Carol Volckmann

June 4, 2023 at 7:38 pm

Oh wow, thank you Dr Channick!!!

I know you are enjoying the kids, I also know Manny is going to make sure you do not over do!!

Motorhome all cleared out and check and clean! Tomorrow Pogo goes back into storage.

We are once again planning to come your way mid Jan till mid Feb! We are going to make this time, so look out for big warm hugs 😊🤗❤️

• jen-cueva

June 5, 2023 at 12:36 pm

Hi @cdvol3gmail-com, Dr.Channick has been a lifesaver on too many occasions than I can count! I appreciate your support.

Yes, we enjoyed a lovely time with the “kiddos.” Thankfully they were tired, so Saturday was busy, and we had a fun day. Yesterday we took it slow, and Manny grilled at home after we drive to the beach to one of KK’s favorite coffee shops.

They left late last night. Of course, the goodbyes are always difficult for me.

Well, it sounds like you and Dick were busy all weekend with Pogo. Hopefully, this week isn’t too busy for y’all. I’ll look forward to those in-person hugs next year—hugs from afar until then.