Pulmonary Hypertension News Forums Forums Life Challenges Mental Health Have You Found Yourself in a Funk Lately?

• Have You Found Yourself in a Funk Lately?

Posted by jen-cueva on April 16, 2021 at 2:40 pm

Often I find that my mindset goes with the weather. Have y’all noticed that, too?

Usually, Spring is a time for some spring cleaning, bright colors, and sunshine. But the last week has been wet and rainy outside. These days I tend to get into a funk and start procrastinating. I have things to do on my list that I fail to get to. I find that I need a bit of motivation. So, some mornings, I wake up motivated, and it doesn’t last long. I am looking forward to some sunnier days.

This article popped in my email for some reason, so I thought I would share it with anyone needing motivation.

Have you found yourself in a funk lately? If so, what helps to motivate you?

jen-cueva replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Colleen

April 16, 2021 at 4:06 pm

@jenc I can totally relate, and to be honest, I can find myself in a funk even when there is sunshine and flowers. I skimmed through the article and it looks like it has great advice. I will return to it this weekend and read it all the way through because I need some motivation-inspiration. Lot’s of stuff around the house I have been putting off and I know I will feel so much better if I get it done.

I know the weather plays havoc on your physically too. That was me last week. We went from spring weather to cold, wet weather and I felt miserable. I hope brighter days or in your forecast soon!

• jen-cueva

April 20, 2021 at 11:19 am

Thanks, @colleensteele, for sharing your thoughts on this.

Today is sunny outdoors, and although I am hurting, I am in a better mood this week—that and maybe the fact that my Moma is here with me. That helps my funk in so many ways. I am grateful to have time with her.

Here’s to a better, more productive week for all.